Author Topic: Tack pack and FSXBA  (Read 4917 times)

Dman

Tack pack and FSXBA
« on: March 26, 2016, 03:06:18 pm »
First off.. Thank you for all the time and effort that is put into this project!

I have been using this legacy hornet since it became public..
In the latest build it was working beautifully in P3Dv3.. Until Tack pack got installed.. Now the effects are inhibited and I have a message across the top of the screen about some sim connect error.. The aircraft seems to fly just fine anyway (minus the effects).

Is there anyway to modify the config file so the FSXBA hornet ISN'T Tack pack enabled?  This might be a band aid for my problem...

Thanks again!!

PhantomTweak

Re: Tack pack and FSXBA
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 08:44:45 pm »
I don't have TacPac, so I'm not real familiar with it.
Having said that, are you sure you copied the Effects that came with the v16.1 to the correct Effects folder? I also don't have P3D, but as I recall, the folder structure is fairly similar to FSX. Maybe the auto installer had a problem fining the correct Effects folder to place the v16.1's effects into?
Did TacPac maybe change or delete some of the Textures folder in the Sim's Effects folder, thus altering the texture file .bmp's the regular effects use?
Did TacPac make any changes to the Panel.cfg file of the plane? I personally, since I don't have TacPac, commented out the two Panel.cfg entries it utilizes, thus:

//WEAPONS
//gauge53=Weapons!FA-18C,  0, 20, 510, 512
//gauge54=Weapons!Master_Mode_Conversion,  0, 20, 510, 512

That section is at the bottom of the Vcockpit01 portion of the panel.cfg file. Maybe you could try that and see if it was somehow inhibiting the effect?

Is the [Smoke] section of the aircraft.cfg file intact? Did TacPac make any changes to it? Maybe you can re-install the plane's aircraft.cfg [Smoke] section from a back-up?

I am just trying to think of as many possibilities as I can...
Hope SOMEthing in all that babbling is helpful ...
Pat☺

Dman

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2016, 04:59:57 am »
It's definitely a start.. I'll get back to you.. thanks

Dman

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 03:24:48 am »
That was a good start.. Effects are back working!!!
The only thing left is the constant green message bar at the top of the screen:

"Hornet FCS Simconnect exception 3: SIMCONNECT_EXCEPTION_UNRECOGNIZED_ID"

according to the gauge window.. the FCS appears to be working..

PhantomTweak

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2016, 06:56:04 am »
I think I ran into a Simconnect problem when I first started with Jimi's v12.1, I think it was.
I only have FSX-SE, but it comes with 3 Simconnect versions included. I just installed all 3, or maybe one replaced the previous, I can't remember now. I installed them, IIRC in version order, IE, oldest version first, then the next and so on. Or maybe I looked for it on Flightsim forums, and used the number they specified. Or maybe it was here. I just can't remember that far back, drat it all. I'll look and see what I HAVE installed, and let you know. I suspect you have the wrong Simconnect installed, but if I am mistaken, I really hope someone will correct me.
I just got my wife a new PC, and we've been a bit busy getting everything installed and functioning, so my time has been a bit limited, of late...
I will do the best I can for ya, though.
Pat☺

EDIT: I just looked. I have v10.0.61259.0, and v10.0.62615.0 both installed. I don't know if that will help any...
Pat☺
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 08:56:50 pm by PhantomTweak »