Author Topic: FSXBA hornet no UFC or MFD  (Read 7536 times)

F30GL

FSXBA hornet no UFC or MFD
« on: February 10, 2016, 09:09:14 pm »
Hi guys
I've read all there is to read regarding resolving this issue, but not having any luck.
I have installed 16.1 into P3Dv2.5, I have moved FA-18.dll over to the default gauges folder in P3D. I have even ran the simconnect msi again.(I had already done this previously)
I still have blank MFD's and the UFC is also blank. I have noticed that some of the clickable switches in the virtual cockpit do no move when clicked, in particular any of the DDI rotaries and brightness/contrast switches.
I have tried loading the aircraft after a default aircraft is loaded but it makes no difference.
Am I missing something obvious? Any help appreciated.

Cheers

hd764jvgd843

Re: FSXBA hornet no UFC or MFD
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 09:33:57 pm »
Hi F30GL,

hope this may be of some help:
- did the Visual C++ redistributable install properly?
just to be sure:
- check if the old FSX FA-18 airplane is starting up within the sim properly, which it should if everything
that is needed was tranferred properly

Best regards,
Peter

Orion

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 10:06:51 pm »
It sounds like FA-18.dll (from the default Acceleration Hornet) isn't working properly.  It looks like the default Acceleration Hornet was built against Visual C++ 2005, so you'll need the Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=3387 / https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5638 / https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14431) in order for it to run.

F30GL

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 10:34:32 pm »
That may be it Orion, I'll report back.

Cheers

F30GL

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 04:34:52 am »
Nope I had C++ 2005 installed multiple versions both 32 and 64 bit. I also have 2015 installed as well.
Tried reinstalling sim connect, the gauge just isn't working. Just a random there is no chance it's related to some avionics master?
really wanted to get this running.
I no longer have FSX installed on this machine, the FA18.dll came from another machine with the steam version on it, could this be a problem?
this is really perplexing as I rarely have any issue installing things to P3d, FSUIPC and all other sim connect functions appear to work fine.

will keep persisting until I resolve this.

Thanks for the input thus far.
Cheers

F30GL

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 04:48:54 am »
More info my FA-18.dll file is 885kb version 10.0.62615.0, does that look correct?

Thanks

Woogey

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2016, 02:26:06 am »
F30gl, I have had this problem with every single version of the FSXBA Hornets.  I have my Acceleration hornet imported into P3d and working just fine.  For some reason the BA version just will not read the MFD's and UFCP.  HUD works fine.  I too really want an answer to this problem. 

-Woog

Orion

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2016, 03:33:41 am »
It may be some incompatibility between P3D and the original Acceleration Hornet gauge (FA-18.dll).  If you try using the default Acceleration Hornet in P3D I'd expect similar problems based on what you describe.  Not sure what might be wrong.

Might be best to ask FSDT or LM.