Author Topic: Switching from FS9 to FSX  (Read 3090 times)

sundance70

Switching from FS9 to FSX
« on: November 24, 2008, 06:24:54 pm »
Hello to all,

I am preparing to make the switch from FS9 to FSX shortly after having purchased a new computer (see specs in my signature). I have been looking at many different forums of the addons I currently own for FS9 to better understand what I will need to do once my machine arrives and once I install FSX for the first time.

Obviously, the first thing I will need to do is get all the service packs installed for FSX. For the most part, a good portion of my addons will transfer over to FSX (some free and some for a small fee) which was my big worry since I have spent alot of money on FS9 like many of you I am sure.

My question is the following, is it best to install utilities such as Active sky X, FSUIPC and others before starting to install the sceneries? I understand I am trying to anticipate without having first installed FSX but I wondered if there was a rule or a guide posted somewhere that would help prevent conflicts? Perhaps it will just have to be trial and error but I was trying to avoid as much as possible getting frustrated with the switch.

Another question, is it best to install the sceneries grouped by geographical locations? Like install all US and then move to Europe, etc?

I hope I chose the right place to ask these questions, I may have forgotten some important ones and would really appreciate any expert advice when it comes to FSX to make a smooth transition but I understand it may not be the case.

Thank you again to all the members of this forum, you have made my FS9 experience better since I joined by applying some of your advices.

I am ready for FSX now and look forward to what it will bring to my simming experience.

Regards,

David
Asus P8P67 deluxe Motherboard
Intel i7 2600K 3.4GHZ OC @ 4.8GHZ
2 x 4GB GSkill DDR3 1600MHZ Ripjaws
EVGA GTX 570 SC - Rev 296.10
ECO ALC Cool IT system
2 x 1TB Seagate HD drives 32Mo cache
Thermalake ToughPwr 1.2KW ATX PSU
22"+18.5" SAMSUNG
Windows 7 64 Ultimate
Track IR 5