Author Topic: Flightbeam Crowd-Source ? Passengers for Terminals ?  (Read 4440 times)

Silverbird

Flightbeam Crowd-Source ? Passengers for Terminals ?
« on: October 10, 2015, 11:28:33 pm »
Hello Umberto wanted to ask you do you have anything planed for adding something like ftx people flow for the terminals ? or using  Flightbeam Crowd-Source for passengers terminals using the couatl engine ? I always thought it would look great in the Hawaiian islands would definitely love to see more stuff like that from the couatl engine and it would add something new to the older scenery's I think you spoke of this before buts its been awhile of course it should have the option to turn it off for people who don't want it I love eye candy and seeing things like this makes it a more immersive environment.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Flightbeam Crowd-Source ? Passengers for Terminals ?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 01:09:26 pm »
First, we had animated people in the terminals since Zurich, which was made in 2007...

Today, because of the memory-hungry airplane and memory hungry background sceneries that are now available (which weren't in 2007), we are always looking to find new ways to save precious VAS memory, not new ways to waste it.

When, and if, P3D will be 64 bit, the issue will then change into not adding too much stuff because of fear or OOMs, but not adding too much stuff in order not to kill the fps.

Silverbird

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 12:20:02 am »
Thank's Umberto it does make sense to save as much frame rates as possible, animated 3d passengers would work better on smaller medium size airports  I did see that p3d v 3 has better vas management hopefully things get better for p3d and maybe something good will come out of the new dovetail simulator. I personally don't think its a waste if it can be done at reasonable frame rates in the future I thought it would have been perfect for the Coutal Scripting Engine.  :)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 11:42:52 pm by Silverbird »
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2015, 05:31:30 pm »
When, and if, P3D will be 64 bit, the issue will then change into not adding too much stuff because of fear or OOMs, but not adding too much stuff in order not to kill the fps.

But if P3D is 64 bit and can use more memory, wouldn't that also eliminate the need to keep an eye on frames?
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2015, 08:15:04 am »

But if P3D is 64 bit and can use more memory, wouldn't that also eliminate the need to keep an eye on frames?

No.

While 64 bit will give you more memory to work with to avoid OOM, the more buildings, objects and animations you stuff into the sim still need to be processed by the CPU before getting rendered. The more the CPU has to process the lower the FPS.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2015, 11:35:03 am »

It will INCREASE the need to keep an eye on frame rate, because it will allow for more stuff to be loaded and displayed