Author Topic: Addon "unknown" is causing Couatl Scripting Engine to restart  (Read 3636 times)

jasonarmstrong

Addon "unknown" is causing Couatl Scripting Engine to restart
« on: October 14, 2015, 05:40:13 pm »
Good Afternoon

I just migrated and installed all my FSDT and FB scenaries into Prepar3dv3. I have no problems loading up at any of these airports, works fine.

It is when I am on approach that i get the following error:

The addon <unknown> is causing the Couatl Scripting Engine to restart. Please download and install the latest Stand Alone Manager from the website. Do you want to open log to see error details.

Here is the log:

couatl v3.0 (build 3187)
panic log started on Wed Oct 14 11:37:53 2015

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\sceneryAddOnMulti.py", line 138, in onEnter
  File "couatl\common\sceneryAddOnMulti.py", line 208, in onEnterArea
  File "couatl\common\sceneryAddOnMulti.py", line 161, in refreshDynamicObjects
  File "couatl\common\dynamicShadows.py", line 43, in refresh
  File "couatl\common\dynamicShadows.py", line 128, in refreshObjects
  File "couatl\CYVR\__init__.py", line 269, in seasonChange
  File "couatl\CYVR\__init__.py", line 250, in patchSeason
RuntimeError: CreateFile failed: The system cannot find the file specified: "C:\ProgramData\virtuali/FSDT_CYVR/CYVR_sf01.mdl"
{'User Pos': (49.17590912111787, -122.94935701735496, 841.854 m, 840.473 m, 286.4203425921407)}

After i get another pop up that says

Do you want to restart Couatl?

I restart it and then the same process outline above happens over and over again.

I have reinstalled the stand alone manager with no resolution.

Any advice? Thanks so much!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Addon "unknown" is causing Couatl Scripting Engine to restart
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 06:48:53 pm »
I just migrated and installed all my FSDT and FB scenaries into Prepar3dv3. I have no problems loading up at any of these airports, works fine.

There's no such thing as "migrating" our sceneries into P3D V3, if with "migrating", you mean you tried to copy files manually, or used some kind of migration tool.

To install our sceneries into P3D V3, even if they were already installed into P3D V2 (or FSX), the ONLY way to do it is:

- Download and install their current installer, the one that supports P3D V3

- Launch the installers, and select P3D V3 when asked.

Any other way of installing or migrating will never work.

RuntimeError: CreateFile failed: The system cannot find the file specified: "C:\ProgramData\virtuali/FSDT_CYVR/CYVR_sf01.mdl"

That's because you haven't installed the scenery using the P3D V3 compatible installer, so you are missing files. And no, it's not even enough to just "copy" these files over. The installer (the P3D V3-aware version) MUST BE RUN, because it must configure all the objects when it starts.

jasonarmstrong

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 07:25:01 pm »
My apologies on my miscommunication. I most definitely downloaded new installers and selected "YES" on the first pop up that asks me if I would like to install to v3.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 11:16:36 pm »
My apologies on my miscommunication. I most definitely downloaded new installers and selected "YES" on the first pop up that asks me if I would like to install to v3.

Then it's not possible you would see this error:

Because that file is installed by the installer. A similar problem was reported here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,12543.msg95081.html#msg95081

And it was fixed by running the installer. Maybe you simply removed or lost those files.