Author Topic: KJFK Review on avsim.com - Dispraise?  (Read 51434 times)

Silverbird

Re: KJFK Review on avsim.com - Dispraise?
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2008, 04:03:56 pm »
Just an update, I'm ordering my new PC this weekend:

ASUS P5Q Pro
E8400 3.0GHz
CORSAIR 4GB RAM
ATI 4870 512MB
ASUS VW224U 22" Monitor
Vista 64-bit

Should run quite nice on that. I may replace some screenshots as well to show any differences; I'll definitely report here to show some before/after pics to show any differences.

Thank you everyone for your feedback!

Hi Colin very cool system! I wish that was under my Christmas tree! and we appreciate your review over at avsim and look forward to your update. ;) its funny I was thinking the other day that we actually have a great jfk scenery for fsx many people didnt think it was possible with the fps problems in the nyc area.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

Kappa

• FSDreamTeam developer
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2008, 04:08:18 pm »

ASUS P5Q Pro
E8400 3.0GHz
CORSAIR 4GB RAM
ATI 4870 512MB
ASUS VW224U 22" Monitor
Vista 64-bit

Should run quite nice on that. I may replace some screenshots as well to show any differences; I'll definitely report here to show some before/after pics to show any differences.

Hi Colin very cool system! I wish that was under my Christmas tree! and we appreciate your review over at avsim and look forward to your update. ;) its funny I was thinking the other day that we actually have a great jfk scenery for fsx many people didnt think it was possible with the fps problems in the nyc area.

Is not so funny.... ;) :-[
Cool system Colin, look forward to your update.

Silverbird

« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2008, 04:15:05 pm »

ASUS P5Q Pro
E8400 3.0GHz
CORSAIR 4GB RAM
ATI 4870 512MB
ASUS VW224U 22" Monitor
Vista 64-bit

Is not so funny.... ;) :-[
Cool system Colin, look forward to your update.

lol Kappa :) I meant it in a  good way ;)
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

Dylan K. Duncan

• Especially KJFK by FSDT
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2008, 06:17:32 pm »
And to Dylan, the only inaccurate aspect of the review are the 1 or 2 things I've already explained multiple times that I'm going to amend.

OK Colin. Even though I don't agree with what you write I shouldn't say it like that. Please let me say I'm sorry. What I wanted is for you and Virtuali to not be distracted by all the other stuff here.  :-\

I hope you really have a lot of fun with your new computer. I wish I had one that good  :(

I apologize,
Dylan
Thank you and best regards,
Dylan

coolcolin09

« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2008, 08:42:28 am »
No problem, Dylan. Last weekend was just hectic and stressful time outside of the FS world; so I was a little short-tempered, if you will, and wasn't so patient with everything.  ;)

Thanks for your kind words everyone  :)

Kiwiwanabe

« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2008, 11:09:49 pm »
Hey Colin,

Just wanted to say I was a little surprised by your review as well. But, you coming onto this forum and discussing it like you have....well...you show a lot of coolness...

Your forum name is appropriate...
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 11:12:18 pm by Kiwiwanabe »

SK-1323

« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2008, 02:48:10 am »
after reading this thread i felt i had to post here, despite the fact that it may be a bit late and that the author of the review is probably about to modify the initial impressions, i just wanted to point out with a screenshot from FS9 i took a while ago, there are more screens in the "JKF ground, FS9" thread in the screenshots section if you want to take a look there.

This is FS9 and i think the tarmac taxiway looks great, at lest in my opinion

As have been mentioned here earlier, i think the problem is that dark colored astphalt is hard to replicate in flightsim and can easily be seen as blurry.

Personally i disagree with the initial review about the taxiway textures, but of course that's just my opinion :)

Have a nice day folks
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 02:50:02 am by SK-1323 »

Aeroman

• "Did we land or were we shot down?!?"
    • American Virtual Airlines
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2008, 12:37:56 pm »
That screenshot looks amazing if you ask me...!  What's your system specs?
Best regards,

Ryan Cummins
AAL148
Dallas/Fort Worth Int'l. Hub
American Virtual Airlines
"We know why you fly"

SK-1323

« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2008, 01:08:22 pm »
Thanks Aeroman :)

My system specs is nothing special, it's probably a system that's by todays standards are considered to be an average system:

CPU: Intel Core2duo E6700
GPU: XFX8800GTS 640 mb
RAM: Corsair 2GB PC6400 DDR2 CL4
HDD: 2x WD Raptor 10.000 RPM in raid-0

mave128

« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2008, 08:18:15 pm »
hey colin,

just want to know when you are going to amend the review at avsim.
it is still there containing the things you wanted to change (taxiways (pictures), tarmac (pictures)).

i would suggest you react soon, because possible fsdt cusomers could be alienated.

ok, best wishes,
sören
best wishes,
sören

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2008, 08:29:52 pm »
i would suggest you react soon, because possible fsdt cusomers could be alienated.

We are not worried about this.

Since the product has a freely downloadable Trial, which has been downloaded by tens of thousand of people already, everybody can see the image quality it's not as been posted on Avsim screenshots. By not correcting the review, the only people that are going to be alienated, are Avsim readers, which will start doubting its reliability.

That's the beauty of having a Trial: a single (fortunately, it's the only one) negative review can't hurt us in any way, especially in this case, which was clearly a problem with the reviewer's settings and/or its machine config.

If we weren't 100% sure about the quality of the scenery, we would probably stop offering Trial versions, and start investing into advertising...

coolcolin09

« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2008, 05:14:07 am »
Just hold on guys...I'm still working on it.

SirIsaac726

« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2008, 11:49:01 pm »
a single (fortunately, it's the only one) negative review can't hurt us in any way, especially in this case

Not to mention the high amounts of the praise also in the review.  He only negatively spoke about the taxiway/ground textures. ;)

Buziel-411

« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2008, 05:02:54 am »
I noticed the difference in quality of taxiway textures (tarmac and runways are fine, just the taxiways), but the buildings, static ground objects, building textures, static ground object textures, AFCAD, tarmac and runway textures, and the accurateness of the airport make up for it. Besides, after 1 or 2 flights into JFK I got used to it...