Author Topic: How select the ILS frequency?  (Read 10069 times)

Cthulhus

How select the ILS frequency?
« on: November 10, 2007, 11:24:01 am »
Hello,

First, congratulation for the flight plan tutorial and COM frenquency I have a question regarding how to select an ILS ? I can change the CRS but I don't know how enter the frequency on the NAV1 ...

Thanks in advanced,

Best regards,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: How select the ILS frequency?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 05:08:31 pm »
Selecting an ILS frequency it's the same than selecting a Tacan (VOR) frequency.

When at the top level of the radio menu (COM mode), press ILS (or TCN if you want select a VOR), then either select a tacan CHANNEL, typing a channel number in the scratchpad with the numeric keypad, pressing ENT, and then selecting X or Y

For a list of tacan channels, see here:

http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=main/howto/tacan.htm

OR, if you don't want to use a tacan channel, just dial the frequency in the scratchpad and press ENT. For example, to select 108.9, dial 1-0-8-9 then ENT on the keypad. The tacan channel will be automatically figured out, so you should see your frequency converted into a tacan channel.

To see the ILS bars when approaching, be sure to press the ILS button on the HSI page of the DDI

Cthulhus

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 09:19:15 pm »
hello,

Thanks for the answer but still don't work here.

This is what I did (step by step)...

I want use ILS frequency 109.10 (from the list the CHANNEL is 28X)

I press on ILS, then I type 28 then ENT and then X ... but when I press X, the channel change to 27 and stay on Y ...

By the way, I'm based on the Airport of this ILS frequency (the NAV IDENT work with other plane from the ground)

and if I type 1 0 9 1 in the scratchpad and press ENT, it's the same result... I show on the RIGHT PDF (on DATA) TCN 27Y ...

Please tell me where I'm wrong ??

Thanks!!!! :)

Best regards,
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 09:23:06 pm by Cthulhus »

Cthulhus

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 09:51:19 pm »
edit : My location is LFBX, maybe that help you?

Best regards,

islandjet

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 09:01:05 pm »
I believe for NAV/ILS you must enter five digits 1-0-9-1-0 then enter.
try that. It works for me.

BTW virtuali, I'm still LOVING this aircraft!! ;D

(Maybe someone can explain how to catch a UFO :o...a 15G turn maybe :P)

Intrepid

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 12:10:09 am »
Island jet;I found that if you lead the UFO with the plane icon (the circle on the hud display with a short horizontal line comming out of each side of it)and for the most part keep the thottle pegged ,Took me about 20 tries, Took me about 20 tries [/img] Good Luck

BlakTiger47

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 12:07:00 am »
i had been trying from F10 but UFO kept disappearing randomly. Then the first time i flew it from VC i got it. i did have to turn off g-efffects so i didnt black out, but i only got over-g warning once. just try to stay far enough back to match him while close enough to transfer the code. also the sound helped. just get in a good spot then keep his engine sound at the same tone.
"Get It Up, Get It On, Get It Down"
-Blue Angels
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
Light the Fire

GR27

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 12:26:47 pm »
I also had a problem with the UFO mission but after 3 times i got the UFO and it was fun

I really like the F-18 missions they are really fun, i wish there were more missions for the hornet.
 ;)