Author Topic: FSXBA 15.2 FA/18  (Read 7823 times)

snoman909

FSXBA 15.2 FA/18
« on: July 05, 2015, 05:33:28 am »
Hi My name is James, "snoman" snow.  I have just registered to this fine page because i discovered prob one of the best update/add on for the FSX Ive found so far, Im a noob to fsx but not in flight sims.  Im a retired a+p mechanic where i mainly worked at falcon jet in the flt / test dept.  Mr sgt pat "phantom Tweak" gave me the link to this outstanding aircraft. I just want to thank Jimi, Orion, Peter, and all the rest for what I know must of been a difficult  but rewarding task.  Ive been having a great time flying the fa/18 version you guys did and I just wanted to say Thank you.

PhantomTweak

Re: FSXBA 15.2 FA/18
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 08:21:21 pm »
 ;D

Thanks Snowman!
Whether they actually say it or not, Jimi, Orion, Peter, Virtuali and the rest certainly appreciate the vote of thanks.

I do too. Everyone's put a lot of effort into this project, as well as all the other goodies, like vLSO, AICarriers, and the rest, and every time a "Thanks" pops up, it puts a big smile on everyone's faces.
Pat☺

hd764jvgd843

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 11:09:23 pm »
You are welcome, snoman909, thanks for your kind words and glad to hear you like it.

When you take the time and sift a little through this forum and go back a few years you will get a glance how it all got started and that in time very many people contributed to this project in many different ways: models, gauges, effects, textures, etc. Sludge played a central role from my understanding, in getting permission from the companies and people involved with the original FA-18 from MS Acceleration Pack, in that way that people were allowed to use it as a starting point for their own nonpaid modifications, but read for yourself.

Myself, I just got involved barely a year ago, when I started posting my own modifications based on the contributions of all the others, looking for some more feedback and bugging people still active on this forum with my questions.

Best regards,
Peter
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 11:58:19 pm by hd764jvgd843 »

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 05:51:20 am »
Snoman,

Wanted to echo the others by saying welcome and thanks as well.  As Peter stated, our products have been through the effort and contributions of many.  The three big players being FS Dreamteam/Microsoft, SLUDGE and the FSX Blue Angels (FSXBA) which is the organization that I am apart of.

First is FS Dreamteam/Microsoft which has done an excellent job in their product and have provided the other two variants their stepping stone in which to continue further modifications.

The SLUDGE and FSXBA variants both started surfacing around the same time.  

The SLUDGE variant, which was primarily started and composed with the help of many of the talented individuals here in the FSDT forums, focuses more on the "Less Is More" mantra, minimizing its use of Flight Control System (FCS) gauges and relying more on the raw attributes provided by the jet's aerodynamic behavior (.air & aircraft.cfg) files .  It's primary goal was to accurately emulate the jet's flight characteristics while in the Carrier Pattern.  This version is also biased more toward those who fly using the 2-D gauge more than the Virtual Cockpit.

The FSXBA variant initially got its start while working in conjunction with the ACES Team (before the went belly up) and was intended for use on a Blue Angel themed formation mission for the next Flight Simulator before it was discontinued by Microsoft.  It centers around a mantra of "More is More," utilizing many gauges in an attempt to accurately emulate the control logic of the actual F/A-18 Hornet's FCS.  This version's primary purpose was to accurately emulate the jet's flight characteristics while flying in close formation, aerobatics and max performance.  This jet was made to be flown from the Virtual Cockpit.

Both jets include contributions from many of our community's best including MICRO, JR, Scott Printz, Paddles, Hanimichal, Larson, Roy Holmes, Virtuali, Az Framer, AHMENACE, JC005e, Paddles, Kea and of course Peter and Pat.  Groups include the FSX Blue Angels, FSX Carrier Ops, and VRS.  Without them, we wouldn't have the upgraded avionics, effects, sounds, textures, and weapons systems.  I'm pretty sure I've forgot a few, and if I did, please forgive me.

Although SLUDGE did get permission to modify the Acceleration F/A-18, it was quickly discovered that this would we A LOT of work to make simple changes without the original source coding, which no one was willing to give up.  Thanks to the contributions of 3-D modeler Jamal "SPINS" Ingram and Saitek/MadCatz, we received a brand-new 3D model, the F/A-18C, which included many corrections, additions and extras over the original FSX Acceleration Variant.

ORION has been the recent enabling force in the next generation of this project with his ability to bring the FCS to the next level with advanced coding, algorithms, and logic.

All in all, both are great jets and both are a joy to fly in my opinion.

Well that's about it.  Hope this helped you get up to speed.  It's getting pretty late here and I got to catch some shut-eye.  Welcome again and look forward to your feedback!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 10:43:06 pm by jimi08 »

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

PhantomTweak

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 07:48:42 am »
ORION has been the recent enabling force in the next generation of this project with his ability to bring the FCS to the next level with advanced coding, algorithms, and logic.

I am actually beginning to think (believe it or not!), that by the time it comes out, from the little snippets they let drop  :D  that it will be equivalent, if not better than, the the FCS in the REAL Hornets!

Pat☺

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2015, 07:09:33 pm »
I am very excited about it.  Big pain in the butt though are tweaking these PIDs.  They are VERY finicky.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 07:14:03 pm by jimi08 »

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

PhantomTweak

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2015, 07:28:36 am »
I am very excited about it.  Big pain in the butt though are tweaking these PIDs.  They are VERY finicky.

I am waiting with bated breath  ;)
I can only imagine. I tried tweaking the ones you were nice enough to let me see on the Prototype you made, and I just gave up after a few days. It's way above my head!!

I salute all of you for your amazing efforts. I couldn't get anywhere near as close as you are!
Pat☺

Jax

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2015, 03:57:33 am »
Welcome Snowman!!!
vRCAF
No.416/433 TFS