Author Topic: New Jetwayanimation  (Read 17419 times)

streichholz

New Jetwayanimation
« on: June 26, 2015, 11:08:13 am »
Hi Umberto,

I was looking around the web and found a new method for the jetwayanimation for scenery-developer. I guess you already know this "new" stuff:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/sode-jetway-control.433492/

Now a simple question. Will you add this new feature to your next sceneries and will you update the current ones with this awesome technique?  :)

-Phil

FAlonso22

Re: New Jetwayanimation
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 04:51:57 pm »
Wow, its a really awesome addon. I only use AES for jetways movement, with sode no more AES here (no more releases delayed, poor support, etc...)

Please umberto, use it, the default jetway movement in your sceneries is like a ferrari using a poor second hand tyres.

streichholz

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 04:59:18 pm »
More important, you don't have to pay for credits and it's P3D compatible.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 10:35:46 am »
We are starting a discussion about this, even with Flightbeam, and toyed about the idea how to integrate this with GSX too, since we think with GSX integration it will be even better and easier to use.

streichholz

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2015, 06:27:39 pm »
I'm sure you guys will find a perfect solution for this.

Thank you very much.  :)

doublebubble

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 01:04:10 am »
Can we just install this little program and away we go? can I then uninstall AES? is anyone using it.

Cheers Rod.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2015, 10:28:13 am »
Can we just install this little program and away we go? can I then uninstall AES? is anyone using it.

SODE It's not an "automatic" solution for jetways. It requires the scenery developer to create a special jetway made for it using its own SDK, which is different from the FSX one.

We'll try to integrate it with GSX to make it easier to use, because GSX can provide it with airplane configuration data, the parking selected (so you won't have to select it twice, once in GSX and again in SODE) and other data coming from the AFCAD which GSX reads and can pass to SODE.

After we'll complete this integration, it's likely we'll use it to do jetways better than default in our future sceneries, and possibly retrofit existing sceneries with them, when making upgrades.

SirTipf

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2015, 08:35:50 am »
I wrote it in so many forums. I LOVE how developers slowly switch to SODE. :)
Even if it is just a little detail like double jetways. When I switched from FSX to P3D I missed them a bit ;)

Just thank you for thinking about all costumers! :) Can't wait for a JFK with double jetways ;)
With best regards,
Tim

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2015, 03:13:27 pm »
I wrote it in so many forums. I LOVE how developers slowly switch to SODE. :)

Who's using SODE?  I've found one so far, and they only used it for a windsock.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2015, 04:43:59 pm »
Is SODE out yet?  ???
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2015, 09:59:14 pm »
Is SODE out yet?  ???

Yes, but it's still a work in progress. There are already some commercial sceneries using SODE jetways, we are giving the author some feedback as scenery developers, and already have a plan to integrate it with GSX.

fls

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2015, 05:25:31 pm »
I am still running AES  because the jet ways work with freeware airplanes and the default fsx only works with pay ware as well as FSDT because it uses fsx jet ways commands. I hope the jet ways will work with free ware. Right now I try to avoid routes with my freeware to default airports  still have AES with fsdt and flight beam and other AES airports, also because fsx does not work with them.
Regards
FLS

cowings1588

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2015, 08:09:39 am »
This will be good then for P3D..  :)  Where AES isn't even at.. But if GSX starts using it, then bye bye to AES in FSX as well.. No more having to pay for something eventually just to have access for the jetways to align..
COA
Bill

SirTipf

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2015, 10:33:33 am »
@Bruce Drzewiecki uses SODE Jetways at EPWA and the new Rome scenery from Aerosoft will also use SODE jetways. ;)
With best regards,
Tim

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2015, 11:26:56 am »
@Bruce Drzewiecki uses SODE Jetways at EPWA and the new Rome scenery from Aerosoft will also use SODE jetways. ;)

Aerosoft! really? then they know it's over for the AES.

VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1