Author Topic: KIAH is awesome, but.....World of AI traffic ?  (Read 16359 times)

Alferra

KIAH is awesome, but.....World of AI traffic ?
« on: June 16, 2015, 08:37:17 pm »
Very impressed with this airport, during my trial period Lufthansa, Air France and British Airways would show up in the IAB terminal, but now they have disappeared !!! Only a bunch of United Airlines planes, one American and one Delta. What happenned ? When I use the airport the cast shadow on ground box is automatically unchecked, and I am using DX9. The traffic that shows up here is very small compared with KSEA in the same flight. Please help me in getting WOAI traffic back.

Also, the green and red taxiway recessed lights are a bit on the bright side, and the blue taxiway lights I only see a blue glow on the ground. Any way to tweak the lighting ? I would like the blue lights to actually light up and dim others if possible.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KIAH is awesome, but.....World of AI traffic ?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 09:05:50 pm »
Very impressed with this airport, during my trial period Lufthansa, Air France and British Airways would show up in the IAB terminal, but now they have disappeared !!! Only a bunch of United Airlines planes, one American and one Delta. What happenned ?

This seems to imply that, traffic was working in Trial, and doesn't work after purchase. This cannot obviously happen: everything in the scenery that might have any effect on AI traffic is the AFCAD, and that one (as the rest of the scenery) surely doesn't change between Trial and full version. NO single file changes when you activate the scenery! Every single file is bit-by-bit identical.

When I use the airport the cast shadow on ground box is automatically unchecked

That's not correct. When you are on an FSDT airport, the cast shadow on ground option is enabled/disabled dynamically depending on the altitude, so it's enabled if you are on ground.

However, this should be a problem only on airports that used a specific kind of (FS8-style) runway lights, which KIAH doesn't use, because it's 100% FSX native and runway lights are 100% custom made, so this should be the usual problem of the airplane cast shadow option. If you are affected by this, you will SEE the AI, but only their lights. If you don't see any AI, not even the lights, this is not the issue.

Please help me in getting WOAI traffic back.

I'm sorry, but I cannot see how this could have anything to do with the airport. The gates are there, and they are all correctly set with proper airline codes, so there's no reason why AI traffic won't go there, and if it doesn't, it's a problem with the AI Traffic package you use.

Have you checked your traffic SCHEDULE in the Traffic.BGL file ? AI don't appear on a certain airport automatically, a proper schedule to depart/arrive on that airport must be present in the Traffic.BGL file so, if you have a problem with it (for example, being in FS9 format, or having a duplicate file), AI won't work. Again, this is entirely unrelated to KIAH.

Alferra

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 11:18:26 pm »
Thanks for your reply !! I will put your suggestions to the test tonight, maybe I will see a change.

I forgot to ask another question about AFCAD´s. When I installed, I got a prompt if I wanted to use the current AFCADs, to which I replied YES without knowing exactly what they were or really do. I have been reading a bit on AFCADs and still not quite sure what they do.

So my question is using FSX and this is the first time I get asked whether I want to use current AFCADs when installing new scenery, is did I do something wrong here ? Exactly what is affected by answering YES to the current AFCAD prompt ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 11:27:59 pm »
I forgot to ask another question about AFCAD´s. When I installed, I got a prompt if I wanted to use the current AFCADs, to which I replied YES without knowing exactly what they were or really do. I have been reading a bit on AFCADs and still not quite sure what they do.

Then always reply YES. That option is only there for the benefit of AFCAD designers or users that like to modify the scenery, that didn't want their modifications to be overwritten without choice.

Alferra

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 12:27:21 am »
Thank You Umberto, I have been reading a lot in KIAH and the other subforums thinking that many things to be learned are common to sceneries. Your knowledge is superb, technical support is top notch fast in these forums. This is my first FSDT airport but will be buying many more in the future.

I have much more reading to do here before I ask any more questions !!