Author Topic: scenery update?  (Read 19846 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: scenery update?
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2015, 10:24:45 am »
sounds like neither KORD nor KLAS update in CY2015 :(

What do you mean with this ? As we said, many times already on the forum, work on these update will start as soon as KMEM will be released.

ALL the other announced projects, like KCLT, KBWI, KSDF, etc. don't have ANY effect on this, because each one is made by different people. Maybe you haven't see this post we made a while ago:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10952.0.html

Someone HAS replied to it, so we have more designers available now, and each one is being assigned to a different airport.

Jubester

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2015, 05:00:02 pm »
Umberto,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is Memphis taking a little longer than other scenery's as you have a large cargo terminal and an airliner terminal to design?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2015, 08:45:54 am »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is Memphis taking a little longer than other scenery's as you have a large cargo terminal and an airliner terminal to design?

CYVR took about 15 months. KMEM is about half of that, and it's not very far from being done.

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2015, 12:55:40 pm »
Can we please see some screenshots?  :)
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

AFavors

« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2015, 05:33:12 am »
Further proof... You just can't please everyone!!!! Great Job FSDT! Keep up the good work, and I, no, WE will patiently wait your release(s).
BTW, your STILL #1 in my book
i7-2600 Overclocked Turbo Boost to 3.9GHz
 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz
 Dual 1.5GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 - SLI
1TB SATA 3Gb/s (7,200RPM) 32MB Cache
 High-Performance CPU Liquid Cooling
 875W Multi-GPU Approved PSU
 Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit SP1
 FSX SP2 (no Acceleration)

Lude2Envy

« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2015, 08:42:19 am »
As I told you, your forum doesn't give any informations about the futur seneries.
People are confused by your "secret" or "pretty obvious" scenery.
It's not the best way to attract customers. Or you publish a clear timeline with your ongoing project or you don't publish anything.
Flightbeam has given a clear timeline with KSFO, KMSP and EDDF. People know what's going to happen. Even if one scenery is delayed they have a clear idea of what's going to happen.
Look once at all your posts.People are wondering, you create uncertainty and that's not good for your business.
Thrust me, and maybe I'm not a "real simmer" as you told me but I'm a good commercial

So give us a scheduled or a timeline PLEASE

The majority of FSDT's customers are those (like myself) that own ALL of their sceneries and aren't on here complaining about timelines because we're too busy enjoying the sceneries they've already published. There's no uncertainty here and their business is clearly doing well considering the recent expansion of their team.

Actually, I have been really confused with a decision to chase KMEM as it's an airport for the very specific and narrow niche of customers (cargo lovers). Pretty much the same non-standard approach PMDG chose with their MD11 7-8 years ago. Technically, it was the plane people didn't need it at all. I bought it, flew it for a month and parked it forever.

Bottom line is that it's very sad to see when rare and valuable resources of the talented people (FSDT or PMDG - doesn't matter) are invested into questionable products.

Just my opinion...no offense

How do you know cargo operations are a "narrow niche of customers"? Did you do marketing surveillance to determine this? I myself do not fly cargo ops, but no airport is a "cargo only" airport. I'll buy KMEM because my VA has flights going in and out of there, and I love FSDT's sceneries. Just because its the FedEx hub doesn't mean it only targets cargo flyers.
Ian

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz
16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4
ASUS Z170-Deluxe
Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
Samsung 950 Pro SSD x2, Samsung 850 Pro SSD

VitaminA330

« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2015, 05:59:41 pm »
Memphis and Louisville are also very well situated in my opinion: It finally connects the (Mid)west to the (South)east and the Caribbean. For example I have a lot of airports in the Western US as this is my favourite US region (KLAX, KLAS, KPHX, ORBX NorCal + PNW + NRM including airports, KDFW, KDEN, KLIT,...). But I also like to fly in Florida and the Caribbean. And so far there was always a big gap in between. As I don't like longer flights in the sim (and in reality I don't either), these are finally 2 locations that offer short haul flights into both directions. Atlanta also comes to mind, but that hasn't been made well enough so far.
So thumbs up again for the choice, and the GSX cargo expansion will come right in time for these airports. Very well planned!

And now we are patiently waiting. There are still more things to discover in the sim that we ever have time for. And actually there are more very good ready-to-buy addons than I could ever buy within my personal monthly limit.

So, happy flights and keep on the good work.

Cheers, Dominik

garrettprs

« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2015, 11:06:26 pm »
The best thing about FSDT developing KMEM is that you can fly in and out of it and enjoy the airport without ever having to step foot in RL Tennessee.

twharrell

« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2015, 04:39:56 pm »
I actually think KMEM will do well. It's not only a cargo hub. Several airlines do serve the airport. That being said, given the fact almost every FedEx flight flies into Memphis, and given the number of payware FedEx destinations that are already available, and given the fact the 777 and 747 are 2 of the most popular heavy haulers, I think Memphis is set up well to sell a lot of copies. I'm looking forward to it.

Todd