Author Topic: scenery update?  (Read 19958 times)

VitaminA330

Re: scenery update?
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2015, 10:34:08 pm »
The update for KORD would be VERY MUCH welcomed anyway :-)

The one for KLAS, too. But I remember this was also talked about, after KMEM if I remember correctly. A really good year at FSDT!!

Sammy

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2015, 08:00:33 pm »
Enough with updates. I want new scenery!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2015, 10:41:28 pm »
Enough with updates. I want new scenery!

As already replied in my previous post, we are doing BOTH updates AND new sceneries.

Lude2Envy

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2015, 03:51:56 am »
So KATL isn't in the works? Bummer  :'(
Ian

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz
16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4
ASUS Z170-Deluxe
Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
Samsung 950 Pro SSD x2, Samsung 850 Pro SSD

maxreds19

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2015, 06:41:12 am »
You could add KCVG to go along with KMEM and KSDF - it's now the #8 biggest US cargo airport and a huge hub for DHL/Polar/Atlas and still officially a Delta "hub"

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2015, 08:50:09 am »
So KATL isn't in the works? Bummer  :'(

I was pretty convinced that KATL was the "secret" airport project that was mentioned some time ago. What ever happened to that  "secret" project? Is it still being worked on?

nnaunau1

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2015, 11:58:30 am »
As I told you, your forum doesn't give any informations about the futur seneries.
People are confused by your "secret" or "pretty obvious" scenery.
It's not the best way to attract customers. Or you publish a clear timeline with your ongoing project or you don't publish anything.
Flightbeam has given a clear timeline with KSFO, KMSP and EDDF. People know what's going to happen. Even if one scenery is delayed they have a clear idea of what's going to happen.
Look once at all your posts.People are wondering, you create uncertainty and that's not good for your business.
Thrust me, and maybe I'm not a "real simmer" as you told me but I'm a good commercial

So give us a scheduled or a timeline PLEASE

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2015, 01:36:02 pm »
As I told you, your forum doesn't give any informations about the futur seneries.

As I've told you, this very thread (and others too) gave LOTS of information about future scenery. I'll repeat them again:

KMEM is very likely to arrive before the end of the summer. This has been discussed ALREADY in the forum.

KCLT is progressing well, so is very likely to arrive before the end of the year. This has been discussed ALREADY in the forum.

KBWI is in development, but we don't have any idea of the timeline RIGHT NOW.

KSDF is in development too, but we don't have any idea of the timeline RIGHT NOW.

I don't see too many "confused" people here. If something hasn't been announced, it's because we have decided it this way. If we decided it this way, it's because we have our reasons to decide to discuss some project, but not others. Do you really believe that a company (any company) always disclose EVERYTHING they are working on ? Or have to explain whey they do ?

Or you publish a clear timeline with your ongoing project or you don't publish anything.

We have a basic idea of what we'll release in the next months/years, but we DO NOT have a "clear timeline". I don't even know precisely when KMEM (which is the project that has advanced the most) will be released, let alone the others.

Which is why, the best option is doing exactly what we are doing now, which is the opposite of the "either a clear timeline or nothing" you are suggesting, which is discuss informally what we are working on.

Flightbeam has given a clear timeline with KSFO, KMSP and EDDF.

Good for them they have one. And good for us too, since we are business partners.

People know what's going to happen. Even if one scenery is delayed they have a clear idea of what's going to happen.

Maybe you don't know what's going to happen. "People" in this very thread have guessed most of the project with the hints that has been given.

Look once at all your posts.People are wondering, you create uncertainty and that's not good for your business.

Our business is doing just fine, thank you. It keeps increasing, like it has been for the past 8 years.

Thrust me, and maybe I'm not a "real simmer" as you told me but I'm a good commercial

FSX addon development, and more generally gaming development is unlike any other commercial activity. You just cannot have precise timelines.

I'm still waiting to play my copy of the next Zelda game, which was SUPPOSED to be released last year...and companies like Nintendo have PLANNING resources (AND money) FAR mode advanced than any Flightsim developer could ever dream. Yet THEY cannot meet timelines for they most important releases.

We'll discuss a timeline for the OTHER projects we haven't discussed it already, when they will progressed up to a point where we'll be comfortable discussing it.

Jayster226

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2015, 03:33:58 pm »
It's not the best way to attract customers. Or you publish a clear timeline with your ongoing project or you don't publish anything.
Flightbeam has given a clear timeline with KSFO, KMSP and EDDF. People know what's going to happen. Even if one scenery is delayed they have a clear idea of what's going to happen.

Give you a timeline so you and others can complain if it isn't met? Doubt it.

pcubine

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2015, 04:19:24 pm »
Deleted by user.
Michael Cubine

NZXT H440 Mid Tower, ASRock Z170 MB, i7-7700K (OC 5.0), Corsair Hydro H1 15i Liquid Cooling, 32GB DDR4 TridentZ SDRAM 3000MHz, 11GB NVIDA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Video Card, 1000 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD

Dimon

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2015, 04:21:41 pm »
sounds like neither KORD nor KLAS update in CY2015 :(
i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.

Dimon

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2015, 04:29:12 pm »
Actually, I have been really confused with a decision to chase KMEM as it's an airport for the very specific and narrow niche of customers (cargo lovers). Pretty much the same non-standard approach PMDG chose with their MD11 7-8 years ago. Technically, it was the plane people didn't need it at all. I bought it, flew it for a month and parked it forever.

Bottom line is that it's very sad to see when rare and valuable resources of the talented people (FSDT or PMDG - doesn't matter) are invested into questionable products.

Just my opinion...no offense
i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.

nnaunau1

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2015, 05:15:13 am »
Maybe the outside US scenery will be Auckland?

CX 747-400

• Beta tester
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2015, 06:39:35 am »
Maybe the outside US scenery will be Auckland?

Orbx/FTX is working on it. Due out sometime this year.
Jonathan

A part of the Flight Sim world since 1983
-----------------------
MS Windows 10 64bit Home / Intel Kaby Lake i7 @4.2 / ASUS MAX IX Hero Motherboard /Corsair DDR4 16.00G Ram /Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2015, 10:21:00 am »
Actually, I have been really confused with a decision to chase KMEM as it's an airport for the very specific and narrow niche of customers (cargo lovers).

The "confused" here doesn't really have anything to do with the usage of "confused" by the other user, that claimed our statements about timelines to be confusing for him and not as precise as he wanted them to be.

Here, instead, you are questioning our decision to choose a specific airport, which is of course an entirely different matter than doesn't have anything to do with the argued level of communication and disclosure about future plans.

Pretty much the same non-standard approach PMDG chose with their MD11 7-8 years ago. Technically, it was the plane people didn't need it at all. I bought it, flew it for a month and parked it forever.

What does it mean "non-standard" ? Are you trying to say that, other than A320 and 737, real-world aviation doesn't exists ? I really hope this kind of reasoning is not shared by the community at large, because it's a self-defeating attitude that might eventually lead to the failure of the entire flight sim business as we know it.

What has drove us to keep doing this so far, was the idea that, with thousands of airports in the world, and so many different aspects of real-aviation, there are so many possible projects that will keep us busy for many years. The death of this (very small) industry, would be that very few developers would have to redo, forever and ever, a few "standard" products.

Which, for us, basically means redoing KJFK and KLAX forever. For PMDG redoing the 737 forever, for Aerosoft redoing Frankfurt forever, and so on...this business cannot be sustained very long, since nobody can't survive just with updates.

Note that, I don't pretend to be right. The market is always "right", even when it goes in the wrong direction. We are very aware that KMEM will surely not sell as much as KLAX or KJFK, but that's not all of it. We wouldn't made KMEM stand-alone, but we are also doing KSDF AND a GSX Cargo expansion too, so we hope the 3 together will make more sense.

But maybe it won't work, and it will be a great loss for the the whole flight sim community, because it would prove, once again, that even if users sometimes SAY things like "there are so many different airports that nobody wants to do, why you don't do XXXX", when they decide to spend *actual* cash, they "buy everything, as long it's a 737"...so to speak.