Author Topic: scenery update?  (Read 19959 times)

Johnathan Pata

scenery update?
« on: June 05, 2015, 01:11:02 am »
Hey FSDT,

I do not know if someone asked this but I was wondering if their is any updates on the progress of the sceneries?
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10850K
OPERATING SYSTEM:Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium, 64Bit
HARD DRIVE: 1 SAMSUNG EVO 840 SSD with 2TB HDD and a 875W Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply
MEMORY: 32GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz   
VIDEO CARD:4GB NVIDIA GTX 960

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: scenery update?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 02:20:53 am »
You mean new sceneries ? KMEM will be the next one to be released, and it shouldn't take very long. Most likely sometime during the summer.

Johnathan Pata

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 08:23:43 am »
Sorry about that, I did mean new sceneries. Thank you for the reply, cannot wait to see the backdoor screenshots
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10850K
OPERATING SYSTEM:Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium, 64Bit
HARD DRIVE: 1 SAMSUNG EVO 840 SSD with 2TB HDD and a 875W Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply
MEMORY: 32GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz   
VIDEO CARD:4GB NVIDIA GTX 960

VitaminA330

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 02:59:22 pm »
Very nice!! :)

I think the question was more about those "7 unannounced projects" you mentioned at the beginning of the year (was it 7??). As it's in the middle of the year now the one or the other person could be curious because almost nothing was heard about anything else but KMEM so far... exept a few hints that Baltimore and Charlotte Douglas could be 2 of them..

However, I think it's still better to announce something if there is something to announce and to show something if there is something to show - unlike some German publisher who tends to announce projects that have not even begun and that would never become reality in a few cases^^. Take the time you need to keep up that quality. However, I'm still curious what the other projects are.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2015, 11:36:36 pm »
except a few hints that Baltimore and Charlotte Douglas could be 2 of them...

Yes, CLT is the one with has progressed faster right now, but there are others too, and yes, BWI is under development too. Since we are also working on a Cargo product, you can expect another very important airport from another large operator, to make a good pair with KMEM.

We don't have precise release dates (we don't usually have them for airports that are almost done...) yet, because we each airport is made by different (new) people, which are learning the trick of the trade of scenery design under our supervision, which means each one has its own different schedule.

We would be fairly happy if we could release at least 3-4 new airports this year, which is 3-4 times more than what we always did...

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2015, 01:27:57 am »

Yes, CLT is the one with has progressed faster right now, but there are others too, and yes, BWI is under development too. Since we are also working on a Cargo product, you can expect another very important airport from another large operator, to make a good pair with KMEM.

So, it's KSDF?

maxxx

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2015, 06:15:41 am »

So, it's KSDF?
Same thing came to mind

streichholz

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2015, 08:50:42 am »
I really want to know the airport outside the US?!

Is it europa?

pcubine

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2015, 07:08:59 pm »

Is it europa?
Umberto has written many times that only U.S. airports will be developed.
Michael Cubine

NZXT H440 Mid Tower, ASRock Z170 MB, i7-7700K (OC 5.0), Corsair Hydro H1 15i Liquid Cooling, 32GB DDR4 TridentZ SDRAM 3000MHz, 11GB NVIDA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Video Card, 1000 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD

Dominato83

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2015, 07:57:23 pm »

Is it europa?
Umberto has written many times that only U.S. airports will be developed.
One of the unannounced airports was confirmed to be outside North America IIRC

streichholz

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2015, 10:40:53 pm »
Yes you remember correctly. One airport is not in the USA and hopefully the aiport is in europa. :)

Read here: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,206.1425.html
Page 96.

nnaunau1

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2015, 08:47:19 am »
They should give a timeline or a scheduled programme.
Flightbeam and Taxi2gate did so.
Furthermore FSDT should create more interactivity with customers.
The Facebook page has been updated since begin April.
You should pay attention to your image. You're not the number 1 anymore...
I

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2015, 09:34:35 am »
They should give a timeline or a scheduled programme.

We'll post dates/timelines when we'll have them. For the ONE scenery we are reasonably sure of a possible timeframe, which is only KMEM right now, we HAVE discussed a timeline, in my last message.

Discussing timelines and schedules will ONLY result in more complains when we'll not meet them. It's not enough for you, that we already basically confirmed here KMEM, KBWI and KCLT, and gave enough hints that it should have been pretty *obvious* KSDF is coming too ?

Furthermore FSDT should create more interactivity with customers.

You mean, my 18.000+ post count is not enough ?

The Facebook page has been updated since begin April.

Some customers, instead, said we should not pay too much attention to social networks, because they are only for kids and not for "serious" simmers. We'll try to post something when we have something meaningful to post.

Would you rather prefer we spent all time interacting INSTEAD of making stuff ?

You should pay attention to your image. You're not the number 1 anymore...

Thank you, I didn't knew we ever *were* at "number 1", and now we even fell back from that spot too. You should have alerted me back then, so we could have taken more attention to the ones in the rear screen...now it's too late, it seems.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 09:42:28 am by virtuali »

windshear

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2015, 06:10:23 pm »
Thanks for the amazing update! This year will be awesome with so many releases from you!

People don't be rude, obviously FSDT is still in the game and you heard how much they are planning to release, so why not cut the insults?
Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Dimon

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2015, 06:14:12 pm »
The update for KORD would be VERY MUCH welcomed anyway :-)
i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.