Author Topic: Addon Manager Crashing FSX **SOLVED**  (Read 2539 times)

jaseman007

Addon Manager Crashing FSX **SOLVED**
« on: October 13, 2015, 12:39:30 am »
Hi all.

Recently I have had an issue with the Addon Manager crashing FSX.  Every time I tried to load FSX with the Addon Manager installed along with all my FSDT, FlightBeam airports + GSX it would crash just after loading the main menu screen.

I've fished around these forums looking for a solution.  I did see that Umberto would be kind enough to log on via team viewer to assist however the time difference may have made that difficult.

Anyway I unistalled add-on manager and couatl, then took the entry out of my dll.xml file.  FSX worked fine after doing this however if I re-installed add-on manager FSX would crash again.

So just as a reference to anyone who may be having similar issues I simply unistalled GSX and allairports, FSDT and FB, add-on manager and Couatl.  I reinstalled KIAH and FSX ran fine, I then installed each airport and GSX checking FSX each time and no issues.  FSX is working fine now. 

I just thought I would post hoping this may assist some of you who might be having issues.

Jason 
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 11:24:49 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Addon Manager Crashing FSX - Information
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 11:24:42 am »
So just as a reference to anyone who may be having similar issues I simply unistalled GSX and allairports, FSDT and FB, add-on manager and Couatl.  I reinstalled KIAH and FSX ran fine, I then installed each airport and GSX checking FSX each time and no issues.  FSX is working fine now.

There wasn't any need to do all of that.

You only had to install ONE FSDT installer, or the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, be sure you have your firewall and antivirus off, so you would get the current version of all the Addon manager files, without mix-up between old/new files (caused by the firewall/antivirus not allowing to complete the download), which will surely result in crashes.