Author Topic: FSDT Airports with FSX Steam Edition  (Read 67670 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT Airports with FSX Steam Edition
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2015, 03:08:51 pm »
after the last FSX SE update (on 12/01/15 ) addon manager is not working .

This was already discussed, answered and solved in a thread in this same forum section, the same day the FSX:SE update was released:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11389.msg87795.html#msg87795

simsuper80

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2015, 11:57:13 am »
everytime i try to install the addon manager in steam, i get an error on line 0 position 0

system cannot find the path specified

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2015, 12:05:37 pm »
everytime i try to install the addon manager in steam, i get an error on line 0 position 0

system cannot find the path specified

That's not a problem if the Addon Manager or the installer. That message indicates there's an error in your DLL.XML or EXE.XML file, so the installer will not proceed, because if it tried to change an already corrupted file, it would corrupt it even more and nothing would work anyway.

You should check your XML files for errors, if you cannot fix them, post them here. Their location changes depending if you installed Steam stand-alone, or alongside an existing FSX installation.

simsuper80

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2015, 01:32:03 am »
i only have the steam version of fsx installed. i have posted my exe and dll files.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2015, 10:46:05 pm »
i only have the steam version of fsx installed. i have posted my exe and dll files.

The error is in your DLL.XML, which looks to be hand-edited. You put these lines:

</SimBase.Document>
<Launch.Addon>
  <Name>as_connect</Name>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Path>as_srv\as_btstrp.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

After the closing tag </Simbase.Document>, which is of course illegal.

You should move all these lines up, so the last lines will look like this:

<Launch.Addon>
  <Name>as_connect</Name>
  <Path>as_srv\as_btstrp.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

pluff

« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2015, 02:33:08 am »
I have both FSX and FSX steam installed. I downloaded the latest fsdt installers and successfully installed the Hawaii airports into FSX steam. A week later when I try to install the rest of my fsdt airports I do not get the option to install to steam, only to FSX. I guess something may have happened after the last steam update or something has changed in the registry. Is there anything I can try to get the fsdt installer to give back the option to install to steam? I tried with all of my fsdt airports and none are now giving the FSX steam install option.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2015, 09:46:54 am »
I guess something may have happened after the last steam update or something has changed in the registry.

Something has changed in your registry, because there hasn't been any updates on Steam after the one published January 12th.

Is there anything I can try to get the fsdt installer to give back the option to install to steam?

Fixing your registry, of course. You must check your FSX registry keys to be pointing to the correct folders, they are located at:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator - Steam Edition\10.0 (if FSX:SE is installed together with FSX)

and

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0 ( if FSX:SE is installed stand-alone )

pluff

« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2015, 10:07:20 pm »
Thank you for your fast response. I discovered that the Setpath for FSX Steam was missing. I imported back my last
regedit backup file, rebooted the computer and presto the Setpath to FSX Steam returned and the FSDT installer now offers the FSX Steam option again and I was able to install KLAX into Steam no problem.

Thanks again.

simsuper80

« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2015, 03:23:45 am »
my dll and exe error appear to have returned and the buildings do not appear. (i have done nothing that i can remember)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2015, 08:14:31 am »
my dll and exe error appear to have returned and the buildings do not appear. (i have done nothing that i can remember)

See the above reply. It's a problem of your registry keys.

simsuper80

« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2015, 01:06:13 pm »
i get the option to install into steam but its the same error (line 0 position 0 system cannot find the path specified)

in the dll. the addon manager path just said bglmanx.dll so i fixed it to say:

<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\FSX\bglmanx.dll</Path>   (still didnt work)

hear is the dll file (the one in the AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX  folder)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>ObjectFlow_KBZN.dll</Name>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KBZN\Scenery\ObjectFlow_KBZN.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Addon Manager</Name>
    <Path>bglmanx.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>AFXModule</Name>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\AFX\AFXModuleFSX.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>
    <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>
    <Disabled>True</Disabled>
    <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>
    <Disabled>True</Disabled>
    <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Flight Recorder</Name>
    <Path>Aerosoft\Flight Recorder\AS-FlightRecorder.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>
        <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2015, 03:39:32 pm »
in the dll. the addon manager path just said bglmanx.dll so i fixed it to say:

No need whatsoever to do that. If there's no path, the path FSX is running from is used, which is exactly the same. As I've said in my previous message, the problem is NOT the DLL.XML file, the problem are your registry keys.

Is your FSX:SE installed Stand-Alone or alongside an existing FSX installation ?

simsuper80

« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2015, 04:27:50 pm »
its installed alongside fsx boxed. but i uninstalled the boxed version after installing the steam edition, and the registry is correct
(HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator - Steam Edition\10.0)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2015, 09:31:55 am »
its installed alongside fsx boxed. but i uninstalled the boxed version after installing the steam edition, and the registry is correct (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator - Steam Edition\10.0)

No, it's NOT!

Normally, when FSX:SE is installed stand-alone without FSX, the correct registry key for it, is HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator X\10.0, the same used by FSX.

But if you uninstall FSX *after* you install the Steam edition, the FSX uninstaller won't obviously "fix" your FSX:SE keys, because it doesn't know anything about them. A correct course of action would be Uninstalling and Reinstalling the Steam edition too, so the registry keys would all be like FSX, which is how FSX:SE is when installed on a clean system.

Note that, you could have proceeded with the installation, if you simply replied NO to the 1st request to install into FSX Steam mode, because the installer is smart enough to check the FSX folder then, and check if there's a Steam FSX installed there, so you still have a chance to install into Steam in "Single mode", even after your replied NO to a Steam "Dual Mode" install.

This was already discussed here too:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11322.msg89158.html#msg89158

mark767

« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2015, 08:03:08 pm »

For a dual install is it possible to add the full path to FSDT scenery in the scenery.cfg so that FSDT scenery will load in FSX-SE from its current location in FSX ?  This works with most scenery.