Author Topic: FSDT live update  (Read 273 times)

solarviper

FSDT live update
« on: March 12, 2024, 11:32:38 pm »
Every time i run the live update, the updater starts downloading load of files and always takes about 20-25 mins. to complete, Then all updates are done, but if i turn around a run the live update again, it dose keeps downloading the same files over and over again as it did on the previous time a ran the update, so it seems my files are never up to date according to the live update tool, if i open the FSDT Installer is days all files version match the newest ones and also if i update thru the installer it dose the same thing, just keeps downloading the same files over and over again!So i'm never sure if i really need updates or not!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT live update
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2024, 10:04:17 pm »
Please read the Sticky thread about the Offline installer:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26826.0.html

Especially the "IMPORTANT NOTE", which explains that SOME files are supposed to be downloaded "over and over" and the installer window indicates them as "Always downloaded", precisely so you won't have to worry about them being downloaded each time.

It's only if you see OTHER files than the ones that are indicated there being downloaded over and over, that you might really have an issue of your local cloudflare node not update yet, which is why the Offline updater exists, to at least get the current important code.

solarviper

Re: FSDT live update
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2024, 12:54:45 pm »
Thank you for the reply and help, after reading the sticky I understand!!!