Author Topic: Gsx Install Errors **SOLVED**  (Read 4754 times)

alpha46

Gsx Install Errors **SOLVED**
« on: October 23, 2014, 11:31:52 pm »
Hi to ya all,
I had never had am issue until now.
trying to reinstall Fsx Gsx on a working,very stable system, am not getting the errors..
Please see the attached files.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
alpha46
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 10:49:41 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Gsx Install Errors
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 06:55:11 am »
I had never had am issue until now.
trying to reinstall Fsx Gsx on a working,very stable system, am not getting the errors..

In fact, nobody ever reported this problem before, in years. That error message is not even coming from our installer, because it's the result of the installer running the standard XML parser library from Microsoft that come with every Windows system, the installer just print whatever error in parsing files that library returns with, and I never saw *that* error before.

From the error text, it seems your existing DLL.XML is encoded in a different way than usual. What language is your FSX and/or your Windows installation ?

Could you please ZIP (NOT POST) your DLL.XML and attach it to a message, so I can check it ? Located under %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX

alpha46

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 06:24:05 pm »
Here is the info requested.
Usually I always install GSX before AES, could that be an issue.
alpha46

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 10:49:33 pm »
The problem was that, another installer from another product (or if you manually edited the XML file and saved it back without paying attention to the encoding), has changed the encoding of the file from default, which is ASCII with the 1252 Codepage, to UTF8, but with the XML header still specifying a Windows 1252 encoding, basically having an illegal XML.

I've fixed it for you, it was enough to save it in ASCII format with Windows 1252 encoding, which is how the file is supposed to be by default.

alpha46

Re: Gsx Install Errors **SOLVED**
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2014, 12:24:06 am »
Thanks virtuali,
unfortunately I did perform a reinstall.
as i indicated, i have never had any issues in years. however it appears Aerosoft AES may be the software to make the change to the .XML file.
will let you know of the results.
Thanks for the quick response and resolution.
alpha46

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2014, 07:16:37 am »
as i indicated, i have never had any issues in years. however it appears Aerosoft AES may be the software to make the change to the .XML file.

As I've said, nobody ever reported this before, so it's surely must have been something else. And, reinstalling was entirely useless, because even if you reinstall FSX, the existing DLL.XML is usually preserved (unless you removed it), the only thing needed was to fix it as I did.

alpha46

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 04:56:20 am »
Understand Virtuali,
However there were more issues with more than one file, I installed Fsx on a Dynamic Drive, performed a backup using Acronis and soon started experiencing unusual errors.
However I did save that XML file for use if I have to experience another file error.
Thanks again for the time.

Here's a question for you.
It does not matter how much you make changes to the Fuel, baggage and boarding time, the baggage automation still stops at the interval the software is probably programmed at. is there a way to lengthen the baggage automation to mins instead of seconds?

Just thought I'd ask.
alpha46

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 08:37:29 am »
It does not matter how much you make changes to the Fuel, baggage and boarding time, the baggage automation still stops at the interval the software is probably programmed at. is there a way to lengthen the baggage automation to mins instead of seconds?

The animation is entirely tied to the number of baggage modeled, so it can't be made parametric so easy, without redoing it entirely.