Author Topic: KFLL Update (Most likely to be a V2)  (Read 53868 times)

Spartan0536

KFLL Update (Most likely to be a V2)
« on: October 20, 2014, 09:08:01 pm »
I have browsed the forums on here and have noticed many different threads about updating KFLL, I have to agree, a MAJOR update is needed, however construction is currently ongoing, that being said globalair has updated terminal/airport charts that show just exactly how the airport is to be laid out. I know FSDT is busy on other projects right now, I do hope that once a "slot" is available that FSDT might consider working on a V2 overhaul of KFLL using their latest techniques that they have learned since the release of KFLL back in 2009.

In my small attempt to help give accurate information on KFLL's changes here is the recent airport diagram (as of 10/20/2014)....

Airport Diagram:  http://www.globalair.com/dtpp/globalair_00744ad.pdf

As you can discern, KFLL has completely erased its crosswind runway, instead it is now a new cross airport taxiway, and runway 10R is no longer just for private/commuter flights, it is now a full on separate 8000 ft runway capable of handling many larger jet aircraft. There are also numerous other changes and I believe FSDT could update KFLL in a V2 with their newest techniques and perhaps also get a little bit more detail on the commuter section of the terminal (I have flown in and out of there in RL, more times than I can count). Also as a question say FSDT does decide (and this is complete conjecture at this point), would a V2 upgrade require a new purchase, if so would there be a discount for previous owners, ect...?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KFLL Update (Most likely to be a V2)
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 10:48:27 pm »
Also as a question say FSDT does decide (and this is complete conjecture at this point), would a V2 upgrade require a new purchase, if so would there be a discount for previous owners, ect...?

As a general rule, updates are either free or, if they are major ones, like JFK V2, they are offered to existing customers with a significant discount, for JFK it's 60% or 70% for those that purchased it in the last year. We never required a new repurchase, and it's very unlikely we'll ever do it.

Spartan0536

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 12:22:19 am »
I am very pleased to hear this considering I just purchased (within the last 48 hours of this posting) KFLL and KDFW from PCAviator. I look forward to newer products from FSDreamTeam and I hope to see a KFLL V2 in the future. Thanks for taking the time to reply to my thread :)

kjjj11223344

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 12:50:22 am »
Also as a question say FSDT does decide (and this is complete conjecture at this point), would a V2 upgrade require a new purchase, if so would there be a discount for previous owners, ect...?

As a general rule, updates are either free or, if they are major ones, like JFK V2, they are offered to existing customers with a significant discount, for JFK it's 60% or 70% for those that purchased it in the last year. We never required a new repurchase, and it's very unlikely we'll ever do it.

So, from what I'm reading, if you've purchased it more than a year after it is released, there will be a discount also (just not as high as 60-70%)?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 08:37:08 am »
So, from what I'm reading, if you've purchased it more than a year after it is released, there will be a discount also (just not as high as 60-70%)?

It's not "60% or 70%" for those that purchased last year and an unspecified lesser discount for everybody else. It's 60% for everyone, even those that purchased it in 2008 when it was first released, or 70% for those that purchased it in 2013.

Redwood Pres

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 06:58:10 am »
Is the update being worked on now? Is there a roundabout ETA for delivery of the update?
Eric Watters
President, Redwood Virtual
www.redwoodva.net

Chuck Dreier

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2014, 04:01:25 pm »
In reading Virtuali's comments I never got the impression that an update is being considered for KFLL.  That's not to say it isn't.  I'd sure like to see an update since I fly in and out of there often and keep the PMDG BBJ based at FLL.   :)

kjjj11223344

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2014, 08:28:54 am »

It's not "60% or 70%" for those that purchased last year and an unspecified lesser discount for everybody else. It's 60% for everyone, even those that purchased it in 2008 when it was first released, or 70% for those that purchased it in 2013.
Awesome, that's great to hear.

timwitt-01

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2015, 08:11:54 pm »
I agree, an update is needed considering construction has been finished now for a couple months. Very cool new setup they have at FLL, an inclined runway that is built with an underpass for i-90 or whatever road that is right before the airport. Looks great, would look SO cool in FSX. KFLL V2 please!  ;D

blueridgeflyer

KFLL Update (Most likely to be a V2)
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2015, 01:21:26 am »
I agree, an update is needed considering construction has been finished now for a couple months. Very cool new setup they have at FLL, an inclined runway that is built with an underpass for i-90 or whatever road that is right before the airport. Looks great, would look SO cool in FSX. KFLL V2 please!  ;D

Landed on the new runway last week. The new runway is sloped upward from west to east to accommodate the  A1A overpass. Quite a mound of dirt!
Ryan Kelly

Desktop
Windows 7 64 | ASUS P6T Deluxe Utilizing Onboard Sound | Core i7 920 @ 4.05GHz | Zalman CNPS10X 120mm Heatsink | 6GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600 | ASUS GTX 280 1GB | TrackIR v4 | MS FFB2 Joystick | Samsung 26" LCD native 1920 X 1200 | Thermaltake ArmorPlus ATX Full Tower | Cor

selwing95

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2015, 04:30:29 am »
Google earth has updated their imagery to reflect the new runway and ongoing taxiway construction.

BatmanYZFr1

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2015, 11:52:57 am »
The KFLL new runway is amazing.  I love the elevated "overpass".  I currently have the FSDT version of KFLL, but will definitely buy the new version if it is made.  After all, KFLL is my home town airport.  Does anyone have any word or idea if it is in the works? 

juancho

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2016, 11:13:58 am »
Emirates just started flying to FLL. This is becoming a major hub for jetBlue, Southwest, Spirit.  I really hope FSDT considers updating this airport with the new runway and terminal.

skyymann

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2016, 05:34:30 am »
I second the motion. Would love to see an update to KFLL!

Scott

BillS511

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2017, 10:12:55 pm »
I second the motion. Would love to see an update to KFLL!

Scott
+10