Author Topic: Secret Project this year?  (Read 15381 times)

PUP4ORD

• UA777
Re: Secret Project this year?
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2014, 08:52:00 am »
I suspect its an airport that at some point has been requested but was not developed for various reasons. THE "Secret Airport" possibly one of the mid-size to large airports that will be a welcome sight. :)
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

corey777

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2014, 09:52:37 am »
It said that the project was a large US airport.  There was even a colorful map of the United States to go with it.

That old Facebook page wasn't maintained by us, but some fan that read comments here, and reported on FB, and that US map was their doing...however, I can confirm the "Secret Mouse" project is in the US.

No, "Secret Mouse" it's not an hint, but a joke that can't be translated in English...it means "Top Secret", since Topo=Mouse in Italian...

I didn't realize that Facebook page was not maintained by your team.  Can't wait to see which US airport is the secret project!

Corey

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2014, 01:24:26 pm »
Any hints to whet our appetites, Umberto?   ;D
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

wb2002

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2014, 11:03:20 pm »
I am really not excited about KATL. It has been done by so many in the past because it is so simple. It is mainly a group of blocks (terminals) abreast one another. The more exciting part of this airport is passenger travel to-and-fro below ground, which would not be seen.

I would really prefer to see some good payware of Portland International Airport (KPDX). It's layout is unique and should provide more interesting taxyways and scenery views. I don't remember even seeing this airport in the list but I think it should be there.
wb2002

ASUS P6X58 Premium/Intel i7-930 OC TO 4.2
Mushkin Redline (3x2GB) 6-8-6-24/Win 7 Ultimate 64
EVGA GTX 580/Thermaltake W0106 700W PSU

WilliamJSS

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2014, 11:16:16 pm »
KATL would be so nice. As far as I am aware, there is nothing for P3Dv2 and KATL

B777ER

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2014, 08:52:37 am »
I am really not excited about KATL. It has been done by so many in the past because it is so simple. It is mainly a group of blocks (terminals) abreast one another. 

What? The only payware for it is a low end version from Imaginesim for FSX. That's it. Before that way way way back was one done for FS2000 from Simflyers. Who incidentally was the group that gave birth to Imaginesim. "So many" as you put it is not true in any form or fashion.
Eric

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2014, 02:30:36 pm »
And besides that, everything they do for FSX is just an FS9 port over, nothing is native.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

corey777

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2014, 04:26:11 pm »
It is mainly a group of blocks (terminals) abreast one another. The more exciting part of this airport is passenger travel to-and-fro below ground, which would not be seen.

I think that the fifth runway, which bridges a busy interstate highway, is an exciting part of KATL that not many airports have.  I also think that it would be one of the more challenging parts of the airport to model.

Corey

deltamike172

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2014, 06:49:14 pm »
This last poll didn't even ask us if we wanted SLC.....

Dominato83

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2014, 12:31:47 am »
This last poll didn't even ask us if we wanted SLC.....
Because it's a soon to be WIP by PacIsland Sim.  No point in duplicates.

wb2002

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2014, 08:08:34 am »
I am really not excited about KATL. It has been done by so many in the past because it is so simple. It is mainly a group of blocks (terminals) abreast one another. 

What? The only payware for it is a low end version from Imaginesim for FSX. That's it. Before that way way way back was one done for FS2000 from Simflyers. Who incidentally was the group that gave birth to Imaginesim. "So many" as you put it is not true in any form or fashion.

I don't understand why some people seemingly have a "chip on their shoulder". "Not true in any form or fashion" as you stated is incorrect. If you read what I wrote, I made no specific reference to a particular version of Microsoft Flightsim. I've installed this airport produced and sold by Wilco, Just Flight, Simflyers and a host of freeware developers. As I stated, IMO the scenery is somewhat mundane. I come to this opinion by actually flying there more than 40 to 60 times, and comparing it to KDEN, KSFO, KEWR, KJFK, KIAH, KLAS, KDFW, KEWR, KORD, KPHL, KSLC, KSEA, KMIA, KPDX and other airport.

I'm done with this . . . .
wb2002

ASUS P6X58 Premium/Intel i7-930 OC TO 4.2
Mushkin Redline (3x2GB) 6-8-6-24/Win 7 Ultimate 64
EVGA GTX 580/Thermaltake W0106 700W PSU

B777ER

Re:
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2014, 08:37:34 am »
It's a moot point. This secret project has been in development for about a year. So they are likely wrapping it up.  More than likely it will release later this year. So whatever it is, it is.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG G2

Eric

nnaunau1

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2014, 05:53:54 pm »
A Big Airport in USA made by an other developper: KDTW-KSEA or KEWR

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2014, 08:53:51 pm »
We already have a nice KEWR from Drzewiecki Design.

B777ER

Re: Re: Re: Secret Project this year?
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2014, 03:54:31 am »
A Big Airport in USA made by an other developper: KDTW-KSEA or KEWR

Don't understand what your trying to say.

KDTW  is being done by Sunsky Jet.

KEWR was done by DD however it is not to the quality of the tier 1 developers like FSDT, FB, FT,  latinvfr,   etc..

KSEA is one of the top three I think it  can be.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG G2

Eric