Author Topic: Secret Project this year?  (Read 15364 times)

B777ER

Secret Project this year?
« on: July 30, 2014, 09:48:31 pm »
Umberto,  while I know you will not say what the airport is, can you at least advise if we can expect it this year? Thanks

Sent from my T-Mobile LG G2

Eric

Orion

Re: Secret Project this year?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 10:03:44 pm »
Was it indicated that the secret project is an airport?  I'm personally hoping for another utility like GSX or XPOI -- that's what's really cool in my opinion. :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 10:44:48 pm »
Yes, it's an airport, and it's a very large one.

It won't affect GSX and related products in any way, and it won't affect what is now clear will be next airport ( KMEM ) either, because it's made by a different designer.

It has been in development for about a year, but we'll announce it only when we'll be reasonably sure of the release date.

B777ER

Re:
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 11:18:04 pm »
Ok thanks. In development for about a year to me indicates a good chance of a 2014 release. I think KIAH and KLAX were in development for around a year, maybe a bit longer. I hope beyond hope it's KATL. If not maybe it's EHAM. I know that was a secret project that Flightbeam was doing but dropped for reasons Amir will not go into (well within his right to not to). Maybe FSDT decided to go it alone on EHAM. But I thought Umberto said the large American airports are were the money is at (might be wrong on that) and if so the arrow would point back to KATL. That would be a jewel for any top notch dev. Just rambling speculation on my part. Umberto should run a contest with very cryptic clues with the first right answer getting a copy of it.

Eric

streichholz

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 11:19:26 pm »
This is mean. :) I hate secrets. But I'm sure if it is an european airport, I will buy it instantly.

alfke

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 11:47:37 pm »
If it's another Canadian airport, I will buy it instantly!

gordon24

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 12:03:44 pm »
If only it would be LFPG!  :o

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2014, 12:30:53 pm »
I'm pretty sure it's a US airport, it's what they do most...
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

streichholz

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2014, 02:15:20 pm »
So? I'm pretty sure it's Rome Fiumicino.

VitaminA330

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2014, 04:29:57 pm »
If I remember correctly Umberto said it would be somewhere in Europe... somtime ago in another thred (??). Or do I confuse that with one of Mir's comments before FB cancelled their secret project??

If it is allowed to guess here^^... ...then I also guess LFPG and LIRF are really good candidates (if not EHAM) because they are two of the most requested European airports in all the forums among those that were NOT here in the poll. :-) And for both I don't know any designer who is intended to make it (well, Aerosoft didn't announce a makeover of their old LFPG scenery so far, right?).

corey777

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2014, 04:34:54 pm »
I'm pretty sure it's a US airport, it's what they do most...

Back in March/April before FSDT had to change their Facebook page, there was a post on their old Facebook page saying that they were working on a secret project.  It said that the project was a large US airport.  There was even a colorful map of the United States to go with it.  I am hoping it's KATL.

Anybody else remember that post? 

Regards,

Corey

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2014, 07:20:10 pm »
So? I'm pretty sure it's Rome Fiumicino.

And I'm pretty sure you're wrong.   LOL  :D
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2014, 11:01:40 pm »
It said that the project was a large US airport.  There was even a colorful map of the United States to go with it.

That old Facebook page wasn't maintained by us, but some fan that read comments here, and reported on FB, and that US map was their doing...however, I can confirm the "Secret Mouse" project is in the US.

No, "Secret Mouse" it's not an hint, but a joke that can't be translated in English...it means "Top Secret", since Topo=Mouse in Italian...

ESzczesniak

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2014, 02:19:53 am »
...and it won't affect what is now clear will be next airport ( KMEM ) either...

I know it was getting pretty obvious from the poll, but I'm thrilled to hear this is definitely the next airport.  So many flight options with FedEx cargo ops out of KMEM.

B777ER

Re: Re: Re: Secret Project this year?
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2014, 03:48:18 am »
It said that the project was a large US airport.  There was even a colorful map of the United States to go with it.

That old Facebook page wasn't maintained by us, but some fan that read comments here, and reported on FB, and that US map was their doing...however, I can confirm the "Secret Mouse" project is in the US.

No, "Secret Mouse" it's not an hint, but a joke that can't be translated in English...it means "Top Secret", since Topo=Mouse in Italian...

My top three picks of what it can be, factoring in what has been released or publicly announced by the other top end development groups that develop US airports (Flightbeam, Fly Tampa, LatinVFR, Taxi2gate and Sunsky Jet) I would have to list the following three below. This is based on past user request of polls run here and other sites.

1. KATL
2. KSEA
3. KEWR

I don't count imaginesim, DD or other low end dev groups as they will not affect their plans. Only another top end dev would dictate a change (as I am sure they communicate with each other). The above three are the only major most requested airports not done or planned.

Dark horses are:

1. KPDX
2. KLGA
3. KSLC
4. KBWI
5. KCLT

That is it for MAJOR airports that are not done/planned in the US.

Eric