Author Topic: If anyone can help its you guys**  (Read 7723 times)

JBU

If anyone can help its you guys**
« on: September 24, 2008, 12:31:48 am »
Hi guys. I have a small issue that tends to annoy me greatly. I have an ASUS 8800GTX graphics card (nvidia) and my graphics in flight sim are very jaggidy as far as crytsal clearness goes. It will be crytsal and nice crisp graphics near me and crappy mush farther away I remember on my old comp it didnt look this bad It was an even worse graphics card and set-up.

Here is a picture you can see how it goes from crisp to nice off the wing (Im talking about the terrain and ground textures BTW!)
Any help is greatly appreaciated

« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 10:37:55 pm by JBU »

777captain

Re: If anyone can help ots you guys
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 05:30:38 am »
Dear JBU,

I am having the same problems with blurry ground textures at JFK... and the whole flightsim i also see like 1 or 2 buildings in major cities like atlanta and etc. ...I really hope that Kappa or the FSDreamteam staff could have an answer to help us out :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 09:38:02 am »
You might want to read this very informative post at Avsim about "the blurries":

http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=121&topic_id=454286&mesg_id=454286&page=

JBU

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 08:57:43 pm »
Thanks vituali however i think it is abit different of a problem

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 09:05:50 pm »
Thanks vituali however i think it is abit different of a problem

I think instead this is exactly the problem that was described: textures relatively close to your airplane which are blurred. That's the correct definition of the blurries. Not to be confused with mipmapping, which is good.

Have you tried putting the sim in Slew mode, and wait a little bit ? If textures gets sharper when the sim is still, it's probably simply a matter of too high settings, and the PC can't cope up, because when moving (at airliner's speeds) the constant switching between hi-mid-low-lower textures is difficult to handle, if the load is too much.

Sometimes, lowering setting a little bit, might even *increase* the image quality.

JBU

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 11:03:49 pm »
Thanks for the idea  I am going to check that out right now I also set my graphics card setting to 50/50 Quality and Performance instead of 100% quality.

JBU

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 03:43:26 am »
Hey guys thanks fixed it. Took a quick look at MIP mapping and problemo solved

777captain

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 12:33:03 am »
JBU, could you tell me what you did ??? :-\...this is because I'm still having problems:( Also my UT USA at the daytime is very ugly and I have like 3 buildings in like, for example Miami when coming in on approach to lets say, rwy 30, Its just  (of course i have added a scenery of downtown miami which helps a little bit) terrain and its ugly and just brown and it looks like the textures are a little too sharp (not the good sharp... I'll post some screenshots soon and  see if any body has any solutions ??? ??? ???

JBU

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 02:09:59 am »
B777 post some pics thats my pet peev i cant tell anyone or help anyone unless i can see picks but i went into NVIDIA settings and switched up in there to perform better everything was on factory settings

Razgriz

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008, 03:08:21 am »

Aeroman

• "Did we land or were we shot down?!?"
    • American Virtual Airlines
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2008, 06:54:23 am »
thats my pet peev
What???

It means it frustrates him.
Best regards,

Ryan Cummins
AAL148
Dallas/Fort Worth Int'l. Hub
American Virtual Airlines
"We know why you fly"

JBU

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2008, 09:03:37 pm »
Yes. When someone makes a post "HELP Airport scenery is acting weird and grey" then you should post a picture along with your issue. Otherwise it takes up alot of effort to help that person. Im sure Virtuali and everyone can agree if someone has a problem with their scenery thats visual it would help if they posted a picture.