Author Topic: Help lost my buildings/ all dream team-cloud9 scenerys  (Read 14898 times)

captdoug

Re: Help lost my buildings/ all dream team-cloud9 scenerys
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2008, 10:06:27 pm »
Virtuali,

Thanks, I understand your point about my reluctance to switch over to SP2, it is sound and appreciated.

Your scenery is extremely convincing and well done, so I suffer a loss to my overall FS experience without it.

My reluctance is because I still use some FS9 port overs that I believe cannot be used in FSX SP2
They are  warbirds which I am involved with in real life and import to me.

Also I am now running a  Intel 6600 Core 2, with an Nvidia 8800 GTX OC and only a 7200 rpm HD

I going to purchase a new system in the spring of 09 so then I will switch over and finally take advantage of the SP2 By then I hope to confirm and/or resovle my disire to use some specific aircraft with SP2 compatble or upgraded versions.

The bad news is I just installed the Orlando scenery again, (the FSX.cfg was clean of the addon manager trusted entries first) the FSX Directory had no bglmanx files and I used the installer from the cload9 site.

The scenery again installed ok but the prompt for the addon manger did not appear, the FSX .cfg was modified and the trusted bglmanx entry re-appeared. So did the FSX main directory addition of the new bglmanx.dll and .dat files.

The buildings obviously still do not appear or the addon manager on the FSX control bar.

I can't seem to get the prompt to approve/trust the addon manager anymore

Something is blocking the manager from  my acceptance of it at start up.??

Can the addon manager be installed with a separate self -installing file?  If so do you have that?

I will drop the issue, but the frustrating part of this is I did have the Orlando installed and running before,
so I'm trying not to loose it .
Thanks Doug

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2008, 11:41:17 pm »
The bad news is I just installed the Orlando scenery again, (the FSX.cfg was clean of the addon manager trusted entries first) the FSX Directory had no bglmanx files and I used the installer from the cload9 site.

Something is blocking the manager from  my acceptance of it at start up.??

It's probably your antivirus. Try reinstalling again with antivirus-off. And, after you verify the bglmanx.dll files are copied in the FSX main folder, instruct your antivirus to NOT scan the FSX main folder. THEN, you can turn it back on.

captdoug

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2008, 02:47:20 am »
Virtuali,

I fiqured you needed a break from me ... I read your last response  and I will deactivate my Antivirus before downloading KMCO from Cloud 9 again.

There are two last questions I have.

1.  I found a file? named "Cloud 9 Orlando International"  and it is registration settings. It's in my main FSX directory.

Should this be deleted since there is no C9 KMCO in my sim and could that be the source of the addonmanger issues?

2. If all else fails with the next C9 download and install, is it safe to run the "setup_addonmangerX"  2.5.05 application I downloaded from the forum?

Thanks, after this I leave you to tend to more important things and other customers.

( I will purchase more scenery from FSDT after my new system is running with FSX SP2)

Doug Reiter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2008, 10:04:40 am »
1.  I found a file? named "Cloud 9 Orlando International"  and it is registration settings. It's in my main FSX directory.

Should this be deleted since there is no C9 KMCO in my sim and could that be the source of the addonmanger issues?

No, why you would delete your registration ? I thought you preferred to use KMCO. Anyway, the file is not read by anything, you can move it into any folder. The only time you'll use it, it's when you want to reinstall on a different PC (or when reformatting Windows), and it will be you that will activate it, by double-clicking on it.

2. If all else fails with the next C9 download and install, is it safe to run the "setup_addonmangerX"  2.5.05 application I downloaded from the forum?

If you want to use Cloud9 KMCO, you should probably stick with their installer, and not update the Addon Manager ever, because our installer, regardless how it's labeled, always gets the current version from Internet.