Author Topic: Help lost my buildings/ all dream team-cloud9 scenerys  (Read 14900 times)

captdoug

Help lost my buildings/ all dream team-cloud9 scenerys
« on: September 24, 2008, 04:55:55 pm »
Hello,

I deleted Greystone from my FSX SP1 because the aircraft wheels (all) sank slightly on the main runway. I reinstalled it and when prompted at the re-opening of FSX I selected "do not run addonmanager ever" or something to that effect.

Now my Cloud9 Orlando FSX and Dreamteam Chicago O'Hare FSX are missing the buildings , and so is Greystone..

So how do I reactive my addonmanager, I assume this is the issue .( I don't want the addon manager prompt at the begining of every FSX startup though )

If this gives me my buildings back why are my ACRFT wheels sinking on the main Greystone runway  I am using UTX/GEX/SceneryTech North America.

Summary

1. Lost all FSDT and Cloud9 buildings...my fault somehow
2. Planes sink slightly at Greystone

Thanks Doug Reiter 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Help lost my buildings/ all dream team-cloud9 scenerys
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 05:05:31 pm »
when prompted at the re-opening of FSX I selected "do not run addonmanager ever" or something to that effect.

Now my Cloud9 Orlando FSX and Dreamteam Chicago O'Hare FSX are missing the buildings , and so is Greystone..

That's normal. If you haven't trusted the Addon Manager, nothing will show up.

So how do I reactive my addonmanager, I assume this is the issue .( I don't want the addon manager prompt at the begining of every FSX startup though )

It will not give a prompt every time you start FSX. The question to trust a module is made just ONCE, when the module is newly installed, or has been updated. After you reply "Yes", both to the Windows question (that one with the Yellow shield indicating the module is digitally signed) and to the FSX question, the prompt will never be repeated again.

Now, you need to "reset" FSX to give you another chance to answer the question  (this time, please say "Yes").

Open this folder:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX

open this file:

FSX.CFG

with a text editor (notepad is just fine)

Search all the lines with a reference to bglmanx.dll and a series of random characters after the name. You might find more than one line like this. Delete them all. The whole line.

When you don't find any other line like that, exit and save the file.

Launch FSX, it will make again the question about running the Addon Manager. If you reply Yes to both questions, it will never prompt you again, until the next time that module is updated.

If you don't want to see that question ever, even if the module is updated, you can choose (click on the down arrows that say "More options" on the first question) to trust everything that is digitally signed by us.

captdoug

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 10:48:24 pm »
Virtuali,

Thanks for the fast reponse.

As instructed I deleted all FSX.cfg .lines starting as C:\Program Files....\......\bglmanx.dll.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I restarted FSX and the the sim just started normally without any prompts or manager window, buildings are still missing when I loaded the GreyStone scenery.

When I deleted the Greystone scenery with Windows Add/Remove... it asked me if I wanted to delete The addon manager ..I had told it no. If this matters.

Don't know what to do. Should I delete all Cloud9 and FSDreamteam airports and start from scratch?

I double checked and only found 3 \bglmanx. entries ansd they are REMOVED from the FSX.cfg.

I started up FSX again and nothing changes. This is not good.

Thanks

Doug

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 11:06:33 pm »
I restarted FSX and the the sim just started normally without any prompts or manager window

Have you reinstalled any scenery that use the Addon Manager ?

If you delete the lines in the cfg, but you also uninstalled the scenery, and removed the Addon Mananger is normaly you don't see the scenery or the message about trusting it.

Try again from scratch.

Remove all sceneries, reply "Yes" to the question to remove the Addon Manager.

REBOOT

Check AGAIN that you don't have any bglmanx.dll lines in the scenery.cfg.

Reinstall all sceneries. Be sure you are using the latest installer. If not sure, download again.

If, after installing any scenery using the Addon Mananger, you don't see any window with yellow shield asking if you want to trust the product, then something else is wrong.

WARNING

I've just read this, I haven't noticed initially:

my FSX SP1

This is why it doesn't work. You need to use FSX SP2 or FSX + Acceleration. SP1 alone wouldn't work.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 11:09:14 pm by virtuali »

captdoug

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 11:37:27 pm »
Virtuali,

Thanks, my Cloud9 FSX Orland was working fine as was my FS Dreamteam Chicago O'hare with some slight runway texture flickering no other issues!   My Greystone had sinking tires on the main runway after the thresholds, thats why I deleted it and started all of this unintentionally. I don't have my installers for either Orlando or O'hare,
but they are legal copies I payed for them on my Visa card. I problably can locate the confirmation emails if i dig through tons of paper work i usually print them.

I will delete all three airports and check tyhe FSX.cfg again to make sure its clear. I'll also check through addon scenery folders and the sim scenery library to make sure everthing is gone.

If I used Orlando and O'hare before I'll just leave Greystone out. I just need away to reinstall them.

They are to good to loose! you should have my email on file if you need to send me the .exe's

Thanks,

Doug

captdoug

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 11:40:29 pm »
Virtuali,

I do have the addonmanger .exe that I downloaded from this forum, will that help?

Doug

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 11:52:10 pm »
I don't have my installers for either Orlando or O'hare, but they are legal copies I payed for them on my Visa card. I problably can locate the confirmation emails if i dig through tons of paper work i usually print them.

Our downloads are always freely available because the Trial version will act as registered if you already activate the scenery.

Just download all the installers again, so you are sure they are the current version, and reinstall. And, don't forget the remark about FSX SP2. If you are still on SP1, nothing will work.

captdoug

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 12:07:21 am »
Virtuali,

Almost there....thanks,

O'hare and Greystone are removed I deleted the addonmanager this time too. The folders are deleted and the Library does not show the scenery entries. They are gone.

The FSX. cfg is free of any line entries
regarding \bglmanx.

NEXT : The Cloud9 Orlando indicates it is for FSX SP1 I checked the readme file the addonmanger is described as version for SP1.  So, I should delete this scenery too, and download it again from the Cloud 9 site and reinstall.  that is what I understand from your help.   It should know I purchased this before?

Sorry for all the questions.....

Thanks, Doug

captdoug

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2008, 05:32:42 am »
Don't have SP2/Acceleration. That should now be a non-issue ?

It IS an issue!! I wrote it twice, without SP2, NOTHING wil work. No Greystone, no JFK, no Cloud9 Orlando!

Forget what is written on Cloud9 webpage. Orlando was released when SP1 wasn't even out, but the web page hasn't been updated ever since. Since don't run without the Addon Manager and, since the current version *requires* SP2 (or Acceleration Pack) to run, if Addon Manager do not run, so will the sceneries.

You need to install SP2 before trying anything else.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 11:30:41 am by virtuali »

captdoug

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2008, 06:08:47 am »
Virtuali,

This may be important...I deleted the Orlando scenery again, cleared the  FSX.cfg of bglmanx entries but i found

the bglmanx.dll and the bglmanx .dat files still in my FSX directory, they were not deleted when the scenery was removed. I think maybe they are controlling the manger install or function. At the moment I took them out of FSX and now my FSX should be a clean slate as far as Cloud9 scenery is concerned.

ShouldI now re-install the orlando scenery?

thanks,

Doug

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2008, 11:33:03 am »
the bglmanx.dll and the bglmanx .dat files still in my FSX directory, they were not deleted when the scenery was removed.

The Cloud9 uninstaller do not remove them. Our uninstaller will ASK if you want to. So, if the last scenery you uninstall is Cloud9 MCO, you'll be left with the dll/dat files still in place. You can manually remove them, if you want.

However, please read my previous post. Don't try anything else, until you have FSX SP2 up and running.

captdoug

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2008, 01:10:34 pm »
Virtuali,

One thank you for your responses. The FS Dream Team O'Hare/Greystone combo is clearly marked or specified for FSX SP2. I purchased that scenery at my own risk. It looked and ran fine except for Greystone, but again I did not adhere to the specs.

The Cloud 9 Orlando FSX does not indicate that it "WON"T WORK AT ALL" if it is installed into FSX or FSX-SP1. It certainly does not say that anyware on the product page that it is developed around the SP2 upgrade only.

In fact you do advertise that the "System Requirements are for Flight Simulator FSX", and the AVSIM review on that page indicates the same.  The download is version 1.01 The enclosed readme indicates this version includes the Addon Manager is upgraded to be compatible with FSX SP1 Specifically

So because I instructed my addon manager when prompted to not run, MY MISTAKE YES, I'm now stuck with a product that all of a sudden won't work in my sim version despite that it did, and is currently SOLD TO DO SO

If it won't work (CLOUD 9 Orlando, Not the FS DREAMTEAM sceneries) in FSX SP1  WHY DO YOU SELL IT for that version? Are you saying you can take my cash and tough luck your stuck with a product that I am NOW told not to use?

Why did work before then? Why do you sell for "FSX" not just SP2 I would like a refund thank you, or a fix to get it to work since I payed for it under your advertising of compatiblity with just "FSX" originally.

I have been curteous and patient and pro-active in trying to reslove the issue myself....but your answer is don't use the scenery for SP1   THEN DON"T  SELL FOR  just "FSX" in general, non-specific it's completely missleading.

It's interesting Lydell Stelmack an AVSIM reviewer used it for his review in just plain old FSX...12/30/06 Thats on the web page for Orlando FSX scenery. That would lead someone to purchase it for FSX...Maybe I'm wrong though it's only for FSX SP2. He did'nt think so either.

His review is still on the Cloud 9 website on 9-24-08  No where is it told to the potential customer

"This scenery is now a new version" It is only for FSX SP2." 

The "airport overview" movie , also on the webpage says in the third line of text in large letters..."FOR FSX"

I choose not to use SP2, and I understand the FS Dream Team sceneries criteria and because of my choises have to accept my limitations of available addon airports, but not in the case of Orlando FOR FSX  I am not going to get SP2 "up and running" So please do not mandate my sim version, for a product sold for the version currently I have.

Please refund my orlando purchase if it "WON"T RUN", "DON"T USE IT"    or provide a solution to get it to run as a responsible developer, since it did before. My FSX and computer are both working fine so the default answer of your OS system or FSX is corrupted dosen't apply. Because they are ok. That's been tried by many too.

Thanks

Doug Reiter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2008, 02:02:10 pm »
Sorry, but what you are saying doesn't make much sense:

One thank you for your responses. The FS Dream Team O'Hare/Greystone combo is clearly marked or specified for FSX SP2. I purchased that scenery at my own risk. It looked and ran fine except for Greystone, but again I did not adhere to the specs.

The Cloud 9 Orlando FSX does not indicate that it "WON"T WORK AT ALL" if it is installed into FSX or FSX-SP1. It certainly does not say that anyware on the product page that it is developed around the SP2 upgrade only.

Cloud9 MCO WORKS with SP1!!

It will stop working with SP1 ONLY if you install an FSDreamTeam product!! But, since it's very well advertised (as you said yourself) that our products runs for SP2 only, it's obvious that the moment you install any FSDT product, you need to be on SP2 and you should be aware of that. Of course, Cloud9 product will STILL work in SP2 as well.

If, for any reason, you want to stay with FSX SP1, you simply can't use FSDT products but, Cloud9 products with their original installers, will work.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 02:07:42 pm by virtuali »

captdoug

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2008, 03:52:01 pm »
Virtuali,

Ok that makes sense yes I figured Orlando should work and it did, it is exellent scenery! I became confused

when you said I must have SP2 do nothing until you have SP2. I appologize but since we discussing not only the FSDT airports but also the Cloud 9 Orlando I though you ment I could not use that unless I had SP2 installed.

I understand now that the new addonmanger with the FSDT scenery creates an issue with the older Cloud 9 airport.

Ok all my FSDT (FS2) airports are deleted and the FSX.cfg is clear of bglmanx entries and the bglmanx.dll and .dat files are removed. So what appears obvious is that the Cloud 9( Orlando 1.01) downloaded from the Cloud 9 site should install the correct addon manager for SP1 and everthing should be ok then. Orlando should work as long as I am prompted and then trust and activate the manager to always run.

Is there anything else I need to delete or change from the left over from the deletion of the FSDT scenery in  my FSX before I run the Cloud9 install again, so i get a good install?   

Thanks, Doug

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2008, 06:48:48 pm »
I understand now that the new addonmanger with the FSDT scenery creates an issue with the older Cloud 9 airport.

No. The current Addon Manager works absolutely fine with Cloud9 airports. Just not in SP1!

So what appears obvious is that the Cloud 9( Orlando 1.01) downloaded from the Cloud 9 site should install the correct addon manager for SP1 and everthing should be ok then.

I guess so, Cloud9 probably hasn't updated their installers in ages, so the old SP1-compatible AM should still be there.

BTW:
Why you would prefer having Cloud9 KMCO over LSZH, KORD and KJFK (that you already bought), considering that KCMO WILL WORK in SP2, just because you don't want to update FSX to SP2, which results in a better performing and more reliable Simconnect (which is the basis for all FSX addons), is beyond me.

I really hope you weren't fooled into believing that SP2 shouldn't be installed by other developers, who are arguing against it, only to because of their inability to update their product to SP2...