Author Topic: Couatl not running **FIXED**  (Read 18999 times)

zoran

Re: Couatl not running
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2014, 12:24:18 am »
Here is the latest log. I can only paste the last part because Im only allowed 2000 words.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 11:07:41 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2014, 11:08:22 am »
Here is the latest log. I can only paste the last part because Im only allowed 2000 words.

As I've said, is there something else in the log ? You should ZIP the log and attach the ZIP to the message, instead of trying to post the whole file.

zoran

Re: Couatl not running **SOLVED**
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2014, 01:26:43 pm »
there you go

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2014, 01:46:28 pm »
The only thing that sticks out in your logfile, is that the scenery cache has to be regenerated, but there's no message about the cache regeneration being completed, indicating that Couatl has crashed while generating the cache, most likely because one of your scenery AFCADs is corrupted.

Try to force a complete cache rebuild, by removing the following folders:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\SceneryIndexes
C:\ProgramData\Virtuali\Couatl

zoran

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2014, 02:07:51 pm »
did that but it only got as far as 25% on restart

mean while I tried to update couatl in FSX DEFAULT airport but wasn't able due to an FSX error report ,,,unable to update files. try again later...
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 02:28:59 pm by zoran »

zoran

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2014, 06:40:37 am »
Its not a background program running or my AV

what I painstakingly did.

1. shut off all start up programs in Msconfig

2. I then went to start task manager and disdabled everything except essentiall services while testing FSX

Non of the above stops Couatl from vanishing after a few seconds

GSX and Couatl also vanish after a few minutes when at default airports as well

« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 03:00:37 pm by zoran »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2014, 09:58:39 am »
Its not a background program running or my AV

Have you actually read my latest post ? After your log, I already indicated a different possible problem so, you didn't had to try again the solution related to identifying another running program.

did that but it only got as far as 25% on restart

If this is still happening, the problem is likely a corrupted scenery file. A way to find where it's located, is to disable your scenery areas, one by one, and force a cache rebuild as explained before, each time, until you find the corrupted file or, at least, the folder where it's located.

zoran

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2014, 11:25:07 am »
Let me get this right I have a ton of airports.

you want me to remove every one of my sceneries listed in the library one at a time, delete the folders (scnerey index and Couatl) , restart FSX,  and then what ? how will I know when I have the offending AFCAD?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2014, 12:56:11 pm »

Which makes it even more likely you have a corrupted file without realizing it.

you want me to remove every one of my sceneries listed in the library one at a time, delete the folders (scnerey index and Couatl) , restart FSX,  and then what ? how will I know when I have the offending AFCAD?

When you'll eventually find the offending file, Couatl will probably work again. I'll ask it again: is STILL hanging at 25% ? If yes, this is very likely the problem.

And of course, you don't want to do this "JUST" because of GSX, that scenery is NOT WORKING for you, right now, so you want to fix it in any case. Perhaps is an airport you don't go often, but the problem is there, regardless of GSX.

zoran

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2014, 03:38:44 pm »

Which makes it even more likely you have a corrupted file without realizing it.

When you'll eventually find the offending file, Couatl will probably work again. I'll ask it again: is STILL hanging at 25% ? If yes, this is very likely the problem.

And of course, you don't want to do this "JUST" because of GSX, that scenery is NOT WORKING for you, right now, so you want to fix it in any case. Perhaps is an airport you don't go often, but the problem is there, regardless of GSX.

yes it still hangs at 25%. Its not GSX Im worried about its my 4 airports Im worried about ! :-)

well I did it in batches. Disabled 20 at at time right down until I just had KJFK and default FSX but only get to 38% and then Couatl leaves again and no airport.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2014, 12:43:05 am »
yes it still hangs at 25%. Its not GSX Im worried about its my 4 airports Im worried about ! :-)

There's no need to worry. For the precise reason that it would be wrong if you would lose many products depending on the module, since the scenery cache is needed only by GSX, you can DISABLE GSX, at least while we try to figure out your problem.

To disable JUST GSX, edit the %APPDATA%\Couatladdons.ini file and under the [gsx] section, add this line:

disable = 1

This will hopefully fix your problem MOMENTARILY, while we try to find what is causing this problem in your system. If the problem is a corrupted AFCAD, only GSX needs them so, you'll lose GSX for the time being, but not your airports.

zoran

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2014, 04:12:46 am »
I posted at Avsim becuase losing 4 airports at once has shut down my virtual airline so has shut down my flying. After a certain time frame without results I always dual post on Avsim as it has helped me many times in the past,

Im frustrated that my airline is grounded like in real life LOL , its just supposed to be a game.

Okay so you say I can get them back without GSX, thats perfectly fine for now. I added the line but the buildings still dont show

[gsx]
refueling_time_min = 15.0
deboarding_time_min = 15.0
refueling_time_factor = 0.0022
deboarding_time_factor = 0.1
boarding_time = 0
disable = 1
disable_on_airports = NONE
boarding_time_min = 15.0
boarding_time_factor = 0.2
deboarding_time = 0
refueling_time = 0

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2014, 09:28:31 am »
Okay so you say I can get them back without GSX, thats perfectly fine for now. I added the line but the buildings still dont show

Well no, I said that IF the problem was really caused by the GSX cache update, it would have been fixed by disabling just GSX. Try something different, and remove the whole FSX\fsdreamteam\Couatl\GSX folder, just to be sure.

If that doesn't fix it too, we'll have to find something else to do.

zoran

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2014, 10:57:01 am »
deleting the folder didnt help.

This may help. Only when Im at a FSDT airport the cursor starts to spin on the screen every 10 seconds and everything gets buggy eg, if I click the task bar fsx freezes for a few seconds etc.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 11:15:18 am by zoran »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2014, 12:31:54 pm »
This may help. Only when Im at a FSDT airport the cursor starts to spin on the screen every 10 seconds and everything gets buggy eg, if I click the task bar fsx freezes for a few seconds etc.

Try this:

Open your FSX.CFG at %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX, and look all the lines containing this:

SimObjectsPath=

Be sure there's a path listed for the Simobject\Misc folder, and all the numbers are in sequence