Author Topic: (internal error) in the installer  (Read 5843 times)

NAG

(internal error) in the installer
« on: April 24, 2014, 01:21:11 am »
Please Help.

Lost all my airport buildings (fll,jfkv2,ord,phnl,zurich and gsx) I tried all if not  most solutions posted and no joy. Please if possible could you log into my computer and take a look at my files to figure out the Issue preventing airports to display correctly. The problem started when I attempted purchasing klas, installed the trial version and launched fxs to notice the airport displayed only the taxi ways and jet-bridges for klas and all others listed above and no gsx settings in add on manager.

Thanks in advance.

NAG

PS
I corrected my first post, I understand typing in all capital doesn't work well for some people. take it easy I am new to this forum.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 10:10:15 am by virtuali »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: LOST ALL MY FSDT AIRPORT BUILDINGS AND THE USE OF GSX
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 02:21:42 am »
I HAVE NO IDEA WHY WE'RE YELLING.

Seriously, though, when you type in all capital letters, it is construed as yelling. It also makes your post rather difficult to read.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 11:36:55 am »
no gsx settings in add on manager.

Your message is not very clear. I assuming you are missing the whole "Couatl powered products" menu ? If yes, it's very likely the antivirus, the solution has been discussed plenty of times:

- Uninstall the scenery. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the scenery with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

NAG

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 04:50:58 pm »
I tried every thing you suggested and still missing the Couatl products menu and airports wont display buildings only jet-bridges. I have Trend Micro Titanium as my antivirus, are you familiar with it? I deactivate and unchecked all the options in the settings menu especially the one that said "Enable real time scanning for compressed files (like zip files)" and also added the FSXFolder\bglmanx.dll  FSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe to the Exception List and applied it. During the installation process for GSX, I received the following error (internal error:an attempt was made to expand the "app" constant before it was initialized.) I am not sure if this is triggered by something else than the antivirus software. please advise.

I am more than willing for you to arrange with me to setup a coordinated time to remotely access my computer and take a look at my files.

Thanks in advance,

NAG

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 09:31:45 pm »
During the installation process for GSX, I received the following error (internal error:an attempt was made to expand the "app" constant before it was initialized.) I am not sure if this is triggered by something else than the antivirus software.

You should have said this earlier, either your FSX is installed in a folder that it shouldn't, like the root folder of a drive ( such as C:\ or D:\ for example ), or your FSX registry key is missing/wrong or corrupted.

NAG

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 07:26:51 am »
My FSX  is installed on the local C drive (C/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X). All my FSDT Airports including GSX did install and worked previously until I downloaded KLAS to purchase. How do I check if the FSX registry key is missing/wrong or corrupted?

Thanks.

NAG

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2014, 10:09:40 am »
My FSX  is installed on the local C drive (C/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X).

Read my explanation again:

either your FSX is installed in a folder that it shouldn't, like the root folder of a drive ( such as C:\ or D:\ for example ), or your FSX registry key is missing/wrong or corrupted.

Since you say your FSX is installed in the normal folder, then it's the OTHER case: your registry is corrupted, otherwise you won't see that error.

All my FSDT Airports including GSX did install and worked previously until I downloaded KLAS to purchase.

Then it means your registry has been corrupted/changed after you installed the other airports, but before installing KLAS. KLAS installation doesn't have ANYTHING to do with this.

How do I check if the FSX registry key is missing/wrong or corrupted?

With the Windows REGEDIT tool, check the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0\AppPath

Another reason for that error, is if you are trying to run the installer from a network drive.