Author Topic: Jetbridge not positioning correctly  (Read 3185 times)

twharrell

Jetbridge not positioning correctly
« on: April 02, 2013, 02:48:59 am »
Just started using GSX and have really enjoyed using in P3D. I am running into one issue, though. No matter how I set up the Feelthere ERJ 145 with GSX (I've tried default settings and I've tried positioning the P1 axis at the front passenger door), the jet-bridge always does this:

http://imageshack.us/a/img694/107/201341203732416.jpg

When I press reset in the GSX custom aircraft tool, the Passenger door 1 axes are positioned at the back of the aircraft, which is exactly where the jet bridge goes. But, as I said before, placing the P1 axes at the front door results in the same thing.

Todd
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 10:54:10 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetbridge not positioning correctly
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 10:59:18 pm »
GSX does nothing for the jetways, it doesn't use, it doesn't change, it doesn't interact and it's not controlling anything related to how jetways operates, they are handled entirely by FSX/P3D and installing GSX won't change anything how they operate.

Configuring your airplane with GSX is only needed to control where GSX vehicles should be positioned, it won't affect jetways in any way, they works entirely separate from GSX, using Exits data found in the aircraft.cfg, and since the FSX/P3D jetway animation system doesn't know anything about GSX and its configuration files, any change to the airplane doors in GSX won't affect jetways in any way.

twharrell

Re: Jetbridge not positioning correctly
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 11:04:13 pm »
Thanks, Umberto. I actually just realized that and just found a thread in Feelthere's forum where the exit coordinates are wrong in the aircraft.cfg file for all 3 ERJ's. Some adjusting should do the trick.

Todd