Author Topic: Couatl Scripting Engine Error  (Read 8049 times)

tgbelden

Couatl Scripting Engine Error
« on: September 29, 2010, 01:42:18 pm »
Greetings,

Unfortunately, I've been having problems with all 5 of the sceneries I recently purchased.  I just did a fresh FSX install on a Windows 7 64 bit machine with Intel I7 CPU 2.8Ghz, 8 GB RAM and a GeForce GTS 240 graphics card.

I loaded JFK and had no buildings.  I uninstalled it and my antivirus program.  I reinstalled JFK and everything was fine.  I installed O'Hare and AddOn Manager X.  I get this error message at the main startup screen"  Couatl scripting engine has encountered an error while loading ParkMe".  The message only flashes for a moment, but FSX will not continue loading.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Ted Belden

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl Scripting Engine Error
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 01:50:53 pm »
You need to update the Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FSX after you installed all your sceneries, because we had to updated the Couatl engine with the Hawaii airport with many new features, that are not all backward compatible.

By updating the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, all files related to your older sceneries will be upgraded to work with the newest version.

tgbelden

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 01:55:18 pm »
Thanks Umberto.  Could you give me some instructions on how to do that?  Should I update that after I install the sceneries or before.  If I install the HNL scenery first will that update that for me?

Thanks for your patience with me.

Ted Belden

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 02:21:53 pm »
Should I update that after I install the sceneries or before.

As I've said in my previous message:

Quote from: virtuali
update the Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FSX after you installed all your sceneries

Note that, you don't need to do this, if you install the Hawaiian Airports (even in Trial), because their installer already contains all the needed updates. The Stand-alone Addon Manager is needed only if you are not interested in installing the Hawaii airports, but need everything to be updated in any case.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 02:24:09 pm by virtuali »

tgbelden

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 04:32:55 pm »
Okay, I unistalled all sceneries again. I then installed the Honolulu scenery.  Now the error message is "Coautl scripting ingine has encountered an error installing PHNL" and FSX will not continue to load.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 04:51:02 pm »
Okay, I unistalled all sceneries again. I then installed the Honolulu scenery. 

As I've said in my two previous messages:

Quote from: virtuali
Update the Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FSX after you installed all your sceneries

Don't bother trying if a scenery work if you haven't updated the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, they will not work until you do.

And, it's important you do it as the LAST step, because the Addon Manager installer updates ONLY the sceneries that it finds are installed the moment it's run.

tgbelden

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 05:22:59 pm »
You also said previously, "Note that, you don't need to do this, if you install the Hawaiian Airports (even in Trial), because their installer already contains all the needed updates."  So which one is it.  I don't want to go through all the work of loading all of the sceneries if I can't get the latest one to work.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 05:30:52 pm »
You also said previously, "Note that, you don't need to do this, if you install the Hawaiian Airports (even in Trial), because their installer already contains all the needed updates."  So which one is it.

That's still stands. If you install the Hawaiian Aiports after having installed all the sceneries, it takes place of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

However, you said "I unistalled all sceneries again. I then installed the Honolulu scenery.". To this, I just replied this is to be expected, since you havent's said if you have installed either the Stand-Alone Addon Manager AFTER PHNL OR the Hawaiian Airports AFTER PHNL.

I don't want to go through all the work of loading all of the sceneries if I can't get the latest one to work.

You said you uninstalled all the sceneries so, it's obvious that, if you uninstall them all, you have to reinstall them all...otherwise how do you expect they'll ever show up, if you uninstalled all of them ?

Nobody told you had to uninstall all the sceneries, I've only said you have to install the Addon Manager Stand-Alone (or the Hawaii Airports, it's the same) AFTER all the sceneries are installed. This because, if a scenery is not installed, it can't be updated of course.

If, instead, with "all the work of loading all of the sceneries", you mean *downloading* all the sceneries, then no, you don't have to download them all again, you only need to install the Addon Manager Stand-Alone (or the Hawaii Airports, it's the same) AFTER all the sceneries are installed.

tgbelden

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2010, 06:13:17 pm »
As can sometimes be encountered you and I miscommunicated.  When you said Hawaiian Airports I thought you meant any of the Hawaiian Airports.  Here is what I did.  I uninstalled my PMDG aircraft because that was a suspected problem also.  I installed all of the sceneries.  I installed the Addon Manager that I got from the PHNL info page.

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!  At least until I reinstall the PMDG aircraft.

Thanks for the guidance

Ted Belden