Author Topic: GSX | ULD Liveries  (Read 2131 times)

A330

• Airport Based: YMML
GSX | ULD Liveries
« on: October 16, 2021, 07:01:32 am »
G'day all,

With regards to GSX container liveries. Is there any speciifc way how GSX gets the airline information for the Container Liveries. As for me its just a random mess, of different airlines. Is it to do with the aircraft cfg. Does it want the airline code in ICAO or IATA form.

If it does come from the fltsim config file of the livery. What specific line does GSX want.

Eg. atc_airline

And just for reclarification, IATA or ICAO airline codes. (Eg. QF or QFA)

Cheers, A330
Ryzen 9 5900X, RTX 3080 STRIX OC WHITE, 32GBs DDR4 3800 CL14, C DRIVE - SABRENT 4.0 1TB, F - DRIVE - SABRENT 3.0 2TB, E DRIVE (P3D DRIVE) - 4x  MX500 1TB, EK 360mm AIO, 860W PLATINUM PSU, Phanteks P400A (6 White Corsair LL120 Fans)

P3D v5.2, P3D v4, P3D v3

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: GSX | ULD Liveries
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2021, 09:56:50 am »
atc_parking_codes= is the line you're looking for, and you want the ICAO code for it.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2021, 10:34:31 am »
And just for reclarification, IATA or ICAO airline codes. (Eg. QF or QFA)

Neither, because lots of ground operators are not airlines and sometimes we have more than one variation for the same operator, so they don't have an ICAO or IATA code, so we used what is really a "GSX code", that can specify both airlines and ground operators too. For airlines, sometimes it's the IATA, sometimes it's the ICAO.

If you want to know for sure which code operators have in GSX, look in the rules_handling.cfg file, located in Addon Manager\texture folder. The name of the sections, the ones inside square brackets are the code so, for example:

American Airlines has two codes, AA and AA_white, the second it's a reversed white on blue livery, an example why we couldn't "just" use an ICAO or a IATA code.

Aerogate it's just Aerogate. This is a ground handling company, not an airline, which is another example why we couldn't "just" use an ICAO/IATA code.

KLM has also two variations, KL and KL_white, the second being a white on light blue color scheme.

Those are the codes you must place in the atc_parking_codes, which will drive ONLY the selection of the ULD containers. You can use multiple codes too so, for example, if you set it like this:

atc_parking_codes = LH, DLH   ( for Lufthansa )

The LH code will work for GSX, the DLH code will (in theory) be used by the default ATC in the sim to assign you by preference to gates with the DLH codes, although I don't think it's really supported.

A330

• Airport Based: YMML
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2021, 11:11:44 am »
Thanks very much.
Ryzen 9 5900X, RTX 3080 STRIX OC WHITE, 32GBs DDR4 3800 CL14, C DRIVE - SABRENT 4.0 1TB, F - DRIVE - SABRENT 3.0 2TB, E DRIVE (P3D DRIVE) - 4x  MX500 1TB, EK 360mm AIO, 860W PLATINUM PSU, Phanteks P400A (6 White Corsair LL120 Fans)

P3D v5.2, P3D v4, P3D v3

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2021, 05:18:54 pm »
In that case, the manual isn't clear about this since the information I provided came from page 64 in the manual.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 05:34:50 pm by virtuali »
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2021, 05:37:11 pm »
In that case, the manual isn't clear about this since the information I provided came from page 64 in the manual.

That page refers to how they used to work, when most of the operators were airlines, so they could work with airline codes. Subsequent updates changed this to use the GSX code instead, due to the introduction of many non-airline operators and color variations for the same operator.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2021, 01:32:36 am »
That page refers to how they used to work, when most of the operators were airlines, so they could work with airline codes. Subsequent updates changed this to use the GSX code instead, due to the introduction of many non-airline operators and color variations for the same operator.
Okay, but the point is if the manual isn't up to date about this, not only are people not able to find this information unless they happen to come across this thread, I end up giving outdated information without knowing it. If somebody has a question and I know the answer off the top of my head, I'll respond. If I don't, I usually check the manual to verify before I respond.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2021, 10:23:12 pm »
Okay, but the point is if the manual isn't up to date about this, not only are people not able to find this information unless they happen to come across this thread, I end up giving outdated information without knowing it. If somebody has a question and I know the answer off the top of my head, I'll respond. If I don't, I usually check the manual to verify before I respond.

Yes, the manual is not up to date, which is why I explained exactly how it works now.