Author Topic: cannot reinstall any scenery  (Read 3034 times)

keflin2612

cannot reinstall any scenery
« on: October 04, 2009, 11:12:48 am »
Hi all.
I have all the fsdt airports and think they are great, how ever I have just reinstalled a fresh copy of fs9 and I have tried re-installing my fsdt airports and none of them will load into fs9 not even the add-on manager will load.
When I try to put them in, the install wizard loads them in a split second then it says the install has completed sucsessfuly but it has'nt it puts an fsdt file in the fs9 main file and even puts the airport in the scenery registery inside fs9 but thats about it, when I fire up the sim into one of the fsdt aiports it is mainly the default scenery with perhaps a few gates or taxi signs from the fsdt but nothing else and when I hit the Alt key there is no option to reinstall.
Can someone help please.
Thanks and kind regards Kevin.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: cannot reinstall any scenery
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 08:38:45 pm »
First, be sure you are using current version of the sceneries. If you are not sure, download them again.

Then, be sure the installer finishes without any error messages. These are always due to your scenery.cfg being already corrupted so, the installer will not touch it, and the installation will be aborted. There will be a clear warning if this is the case.

If the installer completes, you should end up with an fsdreamteam folder under your main FS9 folder, that will contain the scenery and textures.

Also, you should have at least bglman.dll and bglman_fsdt.dat in your MODULES folder.

If you are missing any of these, but the installer completed without warnings, perhaps is your antivirus at fault, that is mistakenly identifying our files as threats, preventing the installation.

In this case, you need to do the following:

- Install the scenery with the antivirus TURNED OFF ENTIRELY

- Configure the antivirus to ignore the FS\MODULES\bglman.dll file

- Turn the antivirus back on.

- Launch FS9 and try.

keflin2612

Re: cannot reinstall any scenery
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 06:07:45 pm »
Yes it was my anti virus causing all the problems, thanks for all your help.