Author Topic: Night textures  (Read 4779 times)

mike116

Night textures
« on: December 31, 2008, 02:34:56 pm »
I was wondering if anyone was experiencing this phenomenom, and then perhaps assist me in rectifying it. I did a search of the forums and came up with nothing related to me predicament.

Basically, I started FS9 one night (December 30) at JFK in the Level-D 767 at the AA terminal, and I noticed that the ground textures had disappeared and instead it looked like I was on the street or just outside the airport. I switched to another aircraft, the default C-172, and the problem continued. Then I tried playing around with the time and season, and I discovered that if I turn the clock back to a daylight time, the normal textures will return. Also, if I switch to another season, like spring or summer, the textures return. Furthermore, if I select the day before or after on the Time and Season menu, the textures will return (i.e. select December 31 in this case).

Today, December 31, I started a flight from JFK-SFO in the Level-D again, and the problem persisted when I started in the early morning (when it was still considered "night" in FS9). Again, I set the clock to a brighter time on the same date, but the normal textures did not return this time. However, I set the date to December 30 and the textures returned.

I'm going to play around with it more later, but to me it seems like the JFK textures are somehow hidden below the textures I'm seeing. Perhaps it's an issue with the winter textures? Any help would be appreciated.

-Mike

SirIsaac726

Re: Night textures
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 06:51:37 pm »
Mike,

Unfortunately I cannot help you here.  I've never experienced this strange problem.

But I'm sure someone can help you and I just want to applaud you for searching the forums before making a new post!

EDIT: What other addons are you using?  Are you using UT, FE, GE...anything like that.

mike116

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 07:41:33 pm »
When I was prepping the flight I was using the Level-D 767, Squawkbox, and Active Sky. I flew in and out of JFK in a two-day period only about a week ago using the PSS 757 and everything was fine.

Also I must add that I did try re-installing the scenery but the problem was not solved.

-Mike

skydriver

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 09:03:22 pm »
i have exactly the same problem with FlyTampa LOWW, when i set November 20 (day or night) i got weird texture on the ground. When i set November 19 or 21, the problem disappeares.Seems like there is a problem with FS itself.

Core i7 860 @2.8Ghz, 4GB DDR3 2000mhz, EVGA GTX 280 1GB, ASUS P7P55D MB, Win 7 64bit, 22" @ 1600x1200

mike116

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 03:29:01 am »
I made a new discovery. I tried out the JFK scenery today and it worked perfectly fine. I'm wondering if had something to do with the calendar and the new year. I'm going to try it again tomorrow and see if the problem will have returned or not.

-Mike