Author Topic: Aerosoft A318 problem  (Read 4664 times)

humberside

Aerosoft A318 problem
« on: October 04, 2014, 11:52:17 am »
Hi

With the A318, it doesn't have a front baggage loader, I've tried to customise the Aircraft but it hasn't work. How do i fix this

Joe

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Aerosoft A318 problem
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 02:02:03 pm »
There's nothing to "fix", the airplane has been configured intentionally this way, because it's just too short, and a front baggage loader doesn't fit together with the catering service.

Surely you can change this, by adding the front cargo door and configure its location, but you'll realize the best option is to disabled it, in order not to conflict with the front catering,  as in the configuration file supplied by GSX.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 07:28:18 pm by virtuali »

humberside

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 04:58:35 pm »
The reason i thought it was "broken" was because Matt Davies had the A318 with the two catering trucks and the two baggage loaders. I will mess around with the settings to add a front loader/conveyer belt

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 07:33:17 pm »
The reason i thought it was "broken" was because Matt Davies had the A318 with the two catering trucks and the two baggage loaders.

You mean that guy who made an A318 video on Youtube ? You'll see the two vehicles *barely* fit but, if you saw the complete animation, the guy that loads the luggage would have passed through the front engine, and that would look very wrong. Can't see how they could both fit, without disabling either the front baggage loader, or the front catering vehicle.

humberside

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 07:37:59 pm »
yea it was tight, unfortunately it can't be like real life when they do the catering service then the baggage loading.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2014, 09:41:02 pm »
yea it was tight, unfortunately it can't be like real life when they do the catering service then the baggage loading.

They obviously don't both service the airplane at the same time, surely not with an airplane so short, but we clearly can't change the whole GSX service procedure and timings, just because this specific airplane, when you can simply disable a vehicle (that was the whole point of *having* the ability to disable services, to provide for these cases), either the catering OR the baggage loader, your choice, and we chose to disable the front loader, but nobody stops you to do a different configuration on your own.  Initially, GSX didn't even had a front baggage loader.

OR, you can just ignore the guy that loads luggage going through the engine, and have them both, your choice, it's not as if you don't have options but of course, if WE made a configuration that way, users would assume it would be a bug, more than an intentionally disabled front baggage loader vehicle.

humberside

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2014, 12:14:23 pm »
I've decided to live with the animation and have both trucks/belts at once