Author Topic: CTD with no antivirus  (Read 3279 times)

pierrec

CTD with no antivirus
« on: May 22, 2011, 05:05:31 pm »
OK, I had no FSDT or Cloud 9 scenery on my computer (Win 7 64 bit).  I am trying to install several FSDT scenery in FS9 (taking advantage of the May sale) but get a crash to desktop when starting FS9.  When removing the FSDT scenery, FS9 starts OK again.

I read threads in this forum suggesting that the present of an antivirus was the cause.  Problem is, I don't have an antivirus on this computer (I do have the firewall on but I haven't seen this mentioned as a problem).  Do I need to also turn off the firewall?

Thanks

Pierre

pierrec

Re: CTD with no antivirus
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 05:30:38 pm »
Never mind.  It now works after turning off the firewall!  :) 

Side question.  For multiple scenery, can I use the direct buy option and apply the coupon or should I use the web buy option?

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 06:56:05 pm »
Side question.  For multiple scenery, can I use the direct buy option and apply the coupon or should I use the web buy option?

Do you mean the discount that gets applied by purchasing more than a product ? If yes, as explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=2159.0

it might be easier to use on the Web store, but it works also with the Integrated purchase process

It works both on the Web and on the Integrated purchase, and there are no Coupons to insert.

pierrec

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 12:22:20 am »
 :-[ Bummer!  I found (the hard way) that the May sale was over. Should have paid attention to the May 19 deadline and not assume it was for the whole month of May!!