Author Topic: Default KPDX - jetway won't connect until aircraft in new position  (Read 1153 times)

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
Hi Umberto,

I updated GSX two days ago and all seems well. But parking at Portland, KPDX Gate G27 the jetway won't operate as I get the message about "no jetway can operate at this position". As you can see from the attached image (sorry for its size) the nose wheel is well forward of the marker.

If I move the aircraft back so the nose wheel touches it the jetway operates fine. Thoughts?
Cheers,
Ray.

P3Dv5.3HF2, i9-13900K @ 5.5Ghz, RTX4090, 32Gb RAM, 4Tb Crucial T700 NVMe SSD, BenQ 32” 30Hz monitor at 3840*2160 with VSync.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Default KPDX - jetway won't connect until aircraft in new position
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2021, 11:08:18 am »
As you can see from the attached image (sorry for its size) the nose wheel is well forward of the marker.

And that's precisely the problem, it's likely too forward for the jetway to solve.

If I move the aircraft back so the nose wheel touches it the jetway operates fine. Thoughts?

Exactly.  I suggest reading the GSX Manual about GSX airport customization for jetways and the Stop position, particularly the Understanding the Stop Position chapter at Page 43, which clearly explain what the real issue is and what you can do to fix it, using a combination of:

- Setting the Stop position for the affected Gate

- Choosing a different jetway model, using the editor to test the jetway ( it will sound if it works )

- Knowing how the "preferred exit" on the airplane customzation might affect this.

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
Re: Default KPDX - jetway won't connect until aircraft in new position
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2021, 05:19:30 pm »
Thanks Umberto. I shall read the relevant bits of the manual.  ;D
Cheers,
Ray.

P3Dv5.3HF2, i9-13900K @ 5.5Ghz, RTX4090, 32Gb RAM, 4Tb Crucial T700 NVMe SSD, BenQ 32” 30Hz monitor at 3840*2160 with VSync.