Author Topic: No options in AVATAR mode available  (Read 3417 times)

Butch

No options in AVATAR mode available
« on: February 15, 2017, 12:13:47 am »
When I choose the You Control to Memphis Airport, there is no options displayed for: Warp Avatar's.

Per instructions the following is not option on the You Control Memphis Airport screen.

Using the YouControl “Warp Avatar to Control Tower”
menu, you can quickly reach the Control Tower entrance  <<<< not for me!!!!

I do not see More options in Avatar mode - that is my issue...... Is avatar mode only for P3d or will it work inFSX/A?

I am using FSX/A  Win 7

EDIT: Now and after I buy this, I now notice on your advertisement the following:

Optimized for the Avatar mode in Prepar3D.

So why won't the AVATAR not function in FSX? Ya think you could  add AVATAR to FSX?

I watched a few you tubes that were of a demo of your KMEM, it included the dudes (AVATARS) walking into the tower and scoping out the topside areas and then went
on his merry way down the elevator. I thought, Cool, and to be honest was expecting that when I bought it today. Much to my chagrin, I find that this Avatar (DUDE) will
not work with FSX. So I guess all the above ^ rant that I made is moot as it looks like one needs P3d to get the FULL benefits that your KMEM has to offer. I guess it's a case
of reading the fine print in you advertisement (which I didn't catch till I forked over my $$$$).

For the most part, your KMEM is not too shabby 'cept for the fact that I didn't get the benefit of the Avatar features. I sure hope that you folks can and will consider adding
the avatar features that you offer for P3D to FSX - don't quite understand why that didn't happen.  Oh well, dems de grits and we say here in Memphis.

Why would I get the option to disable control tower chatter if I can't even get there using FSX? I thought that was for the AVATAR using P3D....
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 01:01:14 am by Butch »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No options in AVATAR mode available
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 10:25:30 am »
Optimized for the Avatar mode in Prepar3D. So why won't the AVATAR not function in FSX? Ya think you could  add AVATAR to FSX?

We don't believe FSX has a very long lifespan ahead (it's a 32 bit app which will NOT be updated), so we don't think it makes any commercial sense spending any time developing something like that, which will also work much worse, since FSX has serious limitations in creating human animations, with the most striking one, the limitation of maximum 22 skeletal bones, compared to 64 in P3D, which allows far more realistic animations.

not work with FSX. So I guess all the above ^ rant that I made is moot as it looks like one needs P3d to get the FULL benefits that your KMEM has to offer. I guess it's a case of reading the fine print in you advertisement (which I didn't catch till I forked over my $$$$).

Since all our products, including KMEM, are sold as Try-before-buy, we think the best "advertisement" you can get about them, is downloading and installing the scenery before purchasing it.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 02:53:42 pm by virtuali »

Butch

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 02:23:37 pm »
Thanks for you dissertation on the virtues of FSX.  I now know that you cater mainly to P3d as you have alluded to.
I'll keep that in mind when I shop for other new and exciting addon scenery for my FSX/A.  ;)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 03:00:30 pm »
I now know that you cater mainly to P3d as you have alluded to.

You are making it sound as if preferring to develop for the better simulator, the one which has a future, is something to be ashamed of...it's you that suggested we should develop an Avatar feature in FSX, as in P3D, so, if you are interested in that, why not simply use P3D, which includes it by default ?

I'll keep that in mind when I shop for other new and exciting addon scenery for my FSX/A

What are you trying to say here ? That because we prefer P3D and include features that are found only there, you will prefer purchasing other products ? Even WITHOUT the Avatar, which is clearly not possible with FSX, is there a better scenery for KMEM out there, in FSX ?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 03:03:14 pm by virtuali »