Author Topic: Your favorite FSDT airport  (Read 6953 times)

llNewton

Your favorite FSDT airport
« on: December 29, 2013, 03:17:37 pm »
Hey! I am about to purcahse some FSDT airports. Which is your favorites for fsx? Please give me some tips and justify why I should buy it. Also if you have any other tips for good airports in the US that FSDT haven't made you can also tell me.

Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Your favorite FSDT airport
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 08:37:40 pm »
Well, what about download them all and install them ? You might discover your own favorite, even without purchasing...

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 09:14:17 pm »
I agree with Umberto, just download and install the ones you think you might be interested in and use the trial to see which ones you like the most.

Personally my favorite and most used is KDFW, mainly because I live in Dallas and almost all real world flights I do are out of that airport. I would imagine most peoples favorites are the ones they either live near or travel to often.

My second favorite is KFLL since I fly there to vacation a lot and the FSDT version is spot on. I own all of them except Vancouver and the Hawaii airports just because I don't fly those areas in real life or in the sim, but I did download Vancouver and tried the trial and its really nice as well, but I just don't fly that area so it wouldn't get much use.

I'd say my most used are in the following order:

1. KDFW
2. KFLL
3. KORD
4. KJFK
5. KLAX
6. KLAS
7. LSGG
8. LSZH

Hnla

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 09:28:17 pm »
I have to say my favorite is KLAX. It's such a huge hub for everything, and FSDT modeled it extremely well.

llNewton

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 11:38:43 am »
Now I got KLAX and KDFW. Such great airports. Thanks for the tips guys!

cmpbllsjc: I flew to KFLL for a few months ago in real life and it is a really nice one aswell.

pcubine

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 04:21:32 pm »
I would imagine most peoples favorites are the ones they either live near or travel to often.

Sean
Even though I live by KTPA which FlyTampa has done and is on the east coast, my favorites are KLAX, KDFW, and KJFK in that order. I installed CYVR when it came out a year ago, spent time to get it working correctly and have never been back. A nice airport but kind of out of the way although I use FSX default KSEA frequently.

Michael Cubine
Michael Cubine

NZXT H440 Mid Tower, ASRock Z170 MB, i7-7700K (OC 5.0), Corsair Hydro H1 15i Liquid Cooling, 32GB DDR4 TridentZ SDRAM 3000MHz, 11GB NVIDA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Video Card, 1000 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 02:17:33 am »
Sean

Even though I live by KTPA which FlyTampa has done and is on the east coast, my favorites are KLAX, KDFW, and KJFK in that order. I installed CYVR when it came out a year ago, spent time to get it working correctly and have never been back. A nice airport but kind of out of the way although I use FSX default KSEA frequently.

Michael Cubine

Lucky you living in Tampa :-) I am surprised that its not one of your favorite airports since you're a local. I actually have KTPA as well, but out of all the FlyTampa sceneries I own, Tampa is the worst performing for me. It's not really that bad, but doesn't perform as well as their other airports for me.

I figured you would like LAX, DFW and JFK since you do a lot of cargo flying and their is a lot of cargo action out of those airport.

Funny you should mention CYVR and the time you spent on it. I actually downloaded and installed it just because so many people were complaining about the performance, OOMs and any number of other things. When I installed it I ticked the 1024 options in the installer and flew around it many times in the T7 and NGX and never had any problems or high VAS issue or FPS problems, in fact its probably one of the fastest airports that I have installed that FSDT has made. However I have not yet purchased yet mainly since its out of the way for me as well. I went through a spell where I was purchasing so many airports for FSX due to the long drought of good addon airports when I started with FSX back in '08. The thing is now, I have so many addon airports and have noticed that probably 40% of them never really get used. I used to just be so excited to finally get a new airport that I would buy almost anything, but now I have so many and tend to fly the same handful so often that I have started to curb my purchases to the airports I am really interested in and know that I will use on a fairly regular purchase.

As I tend to do probably about 75% of my airline flying in the US, I am mainly holding out for stuff like KIAH, KDEN and if FSDT or FB make more good airports in the US like KATL, KPDX, KABQ, KSEA, and stuff like that I will be on them the day of release.

Probably two of my most under used airports are Aerosofts PANC and FLyTampa's OMDB. I love OMDB but its just so far away from anything that I really dont fly there often, same for PANC. Even using 4x time compression with the T7, it takes a while to get to OMDB or PANC from most of my other addon airports.

flo1981

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2014, 09:29:44 am »
I think, favorite airport depends on where you live or usually fly in FSX!

So, my 2 favorites airports are.....

LSGG and LSZH!

;D

llNewton

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2014, 09:30:16 pm »

LSGG and LSZH!

;D

Ok, LSGG seems really nice but the nice airports are too far away from each other in Europe. It is better in the US since I fly helicopter most of the time.

flo1981

Re: Re : Re: Your favorite FSDT airport
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2014, 09:49:27 pm »

LSGG and LSZH!

;D

Ok, LSGG seems really nice but the nice airports are too far away from each other in Europe. It is better in the US since I fly helicopter most of the time.

What?
Lsgg-lszh 125nm,... !!

Envoyé de mon GT-I9100 en utilisant Tapatalk

Theaver

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2014, 11:16:47 am »
Flightbeam's Phoenix Sky Habor is my favorite airport that I own.   The level of detail and texture work is outstanding and the airport overall design to begin with is just interesting to look at.   Everytime I load it up I see some new little detail I didn't notice before.   It's a treasure of an airport.

Rafal

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2014, 05:00:42 pm »
LSZH for me all the way!

When it was released, it set new standards in FS scenery.
Now there are more airports of this quality but I still enjoy using it a lot.
i7 7700k 4.2GHz, GTX 1080Ti, Asus MAXIMUS 9 FORMULA, 32 GB RAM DDR4, WD40EFRX 4TB, SSD 850 EVO 1TB, SSD 850 EVO 250GB, LG 34UM68-P 34" ultrawide monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, MSFS2020

Hnla

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2014, 06:35:10 pm »
Flightbeam's Phoenix Sky Habor is my favorite airport that I own.   The level of detail and texture work is outstanding and the airport overall design to begin with is just interesting to look at.   Everytime I load it up I see some new little detail I didn't notice before.   It's a treasure of an airport.

The thread is titled "Favorite Fsdreamteam airport, not favorite airport.