Author Topic: KLAX crashing computer to restart..  (Read 4913 times)

Senci82

KLAX crashing computer to restart..
« on: August 29, 2013, 04:57:43 pm »
For the last week whenever I start KLAX my computer crashes to restart. It only happens with KLAX. Any help with this issue?

My SPECS:
                GPU: Geforce GTX 660 Ti
                CPU: AMD FX9(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor
                Mem: 4GB

P.S: KLAX ran perfect on my older rig that was nowhere near the specs of this rig

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KLAX crashing computer to restart..
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 05:42:53 pm »
If you get something like a blue-screen, the only possible explanation would be a video driver problem.

Fact that happens at KLAX, doesn't of course means KLAX is the problem (you surely must have suspected it, since you say it ran well on your old system), it's just that KLAX uses more video-card features, so it's more likely to expose video drivers issues, bugs, settings problem, compared to other sceneries that use simpler kind of graphics.

- First try to reset your video driver settings to default. Be sure you don't use "Transparency Antialiasing" (or "Adaptive Anti-aliasing" ).

- If that doesn't work, try to update your video driver too.

- If that doesn't work, try to reset your %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG file, to have FSX rebuild a new one with default settings

- Be sure you apply the HIGHMEMFIX tweak to the FSX.CFG, you can enabled it with the Addon Manager too, that's the only setting that really needs to be applied.

If it still not fixed, perhaps you applied some strange tweaks to your video driver that can't be reset by simply resetting the driver to default and/or reinstalling the driver. You might try a video driver cleaner utility, then a video driver reinstall after cleaning.

Senci82

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 06:36:15 pm »
Ok I will try that and let you know what happen.... Thanks for the quick response....

Senci82

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 06:09:16 pm »
The only thing that seems to work is when I turn my settings way down and I mean to the point where this thing looks real crappy.... At this point i'll just not fly in to LAX because this is the only scenery this is happening @.

Hnla

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 07:37:17 pm »
The only thing that seems to work is when I turn my settings way down and I mean to the point where this thing looks real crappy..

This means you had your settings probably too high, or you have a bad over clock on your computer. Check to make sure your voltage settings and timings are correct.

Senci82

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 11:45:11 pm »
My system is not over clocked Captain... Matter of fact my setting are not high. I turned everything way down, I was getting an error in the windows logger that said something about NvStreamSvc. I have done everything they have said and now it's crashing with no error in the log.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2013, 09:56:40 am »
the windows logger that said something about NvStreamSvc.

This clearly indicates it's a video driver problem. Just searching for this on Google result in thousands of hits related to various system lockup problems so, it's not obviously a problem of the scenery.

As I've said, you might not see it in other places, so you are mislead thinking it's a KLAX problem, but that's not because it's a problem with KLAX, just because the scenery uses the graphic card more intensively than other scenery with lesser (=not using shaders, lots of FS9 code, etc.) so it's causing a problem you already had to surface.

So, it's confirmed it's a video driver problem / settings issue, and if you search for it, it happens with any kind of different PC games so, not only is not related in any way to KLAX, but it's not even specific to FSX.