Author Topic: Wrong Airports  (Read 4153 times)

colfmedion

Wrong Airports
« on: April 19, 2013, 07:56:33 am »
Hi,
After reinstallation of FSX and GSX and updates, etc, I have discovered that when requesting facilities at 2 airports (so far) EGCC and EGLL, the facilities only relate to the HELIPADS at these airports and therefore the GSX facilities are all wrong. i.e I am only offered parking.
How do I correct this? Any advice gratefully received.
Thanks
Colin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Wrong Airports
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 08:21:51 am »
Are these helipads coming from a separate AFCAD ?

colfmedion

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 02:17:05 pm »
Hi,
Thanks for response.
Yes, both coming from helipads own AFCAD.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 04:27:41 pm »
You might try moving them into a different folder, with a lower priority than the airport. The FSX\Addon Scenery\scenery folder might be a good location for them.

colfmedion

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 05:24:01 pm »
Hi,
I found the 2 afcads under Traffic360. I disabled them and both airports were fine. Both airports are UK2000 airports and it does not occur at standard FSX airports. I think there is a bit of duplication going on with these "add ons". I have noticed that at EGLL and EGCC, when GSX is used there is duplication of vehicles, luggage loaders and stairways.
Colin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 09:57:18 pm »
I have noticed that at EGLL and EGCC, when GSX is used there is duplication of vehicles, luggage loaders and stairways.

GSX can't automatically remove such 3rd party scenery objects, it can do it only with recent FSDT sceneries, because they are programmed to communicate with GSX and have those vehicles being removed from a parking when GSX has selected it.

However, when using a 3rd party scenery with many ground details that might clutter a parking, you can customize the starting position for GSX each vehicle, at every parking, using the GSX scenery customization feature, so you will be able to sort problems such as GSX vehicles overlapping those of the scenery. Read the GSX manual from Page 25 to Page 30, for more information about the graphical scenery editor.

colfmedion

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2013, 06:48:06 am »
Hi,
Many tks for all your help.
Colin