Author Topic: GSX drivers seem a little confused! lol  (Read 4525 times)

SgtMav316

GSX drivers seem a little confused! lol
« on: April 10, 2013, 03:40:53 pm »
I have been experimenting with combining AES and GSX services in FSX. In general both applications are still growing and both have there quirks and issues. I was wondering what is the deal with GSx vehicles slingshot turns, exceeding speed on the tarmac. For example I will watch the airport bus literally speeding to aircraft instead of driving slowly like it should. then sometimes when departing from the aircraft it spins around in circles, slingshots back and forth behind the aircraft before it speeds off. It seems to be an issue with it not reading the afcad properly. I call in the AES bus and it travels at the right speed and seems to read the afcad properly and smoothly departs driving around the aircraft and following the service path smoothly. This is why I think it is an issue with the GSX bus not reading the afcad properly.

The GSX baggage vehicle for most parts operate properly, but sometimes it seems to get itself tangled up in the trailing cars and like the GSX bus it sometimes doesnt seem to know the correct drive off path and just slingshots about the area until it finds something in the Afcad to put it on track. I know GSX is new and I am not knocking it down. Just pointing out some technical issues that seem to be small and can be corrected. Chime in if anyone else is experiencing these issues. GSX is looking great and is improving. I am liking how it is evolving and look forward to what it is yet to come!

Sam

Richard McDonald Woods

• FlightDiary
Re: GSX drivers seem a little confused! lol
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 03:47:03 pm »
Yes, I have found at some airports the follow-me car occasionally sling-shots and makes crazy turns, sometimes out of view from the cockpit.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 04:15:34 pm »
If you watch the push trucks, they'll occasionally do a 360 around the front axle while pushing you back.   ;D
These little glitches have been there since release, so I'm guessing they are not fixable.  AES vehicles aren't perfect, either.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

SgtMav316

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 07:16:36 pm »
AES seems to have a better comprehension of the airport afcad around aircrafts. Rarely do you ever see their vehicles acting crazy. This I think just comes from spending more time watching the animation around the afcad and correcting errors. I think GSX designers need to look at this in detail and come up with the simple solution which may just be an afcad read error.

AES is not perfect by no measure. Its main fault is that it is new like GSX animations are missing, but are been worked on. In the recent version we got drivers in most vehicles and Animated employees performing task around the aircraft much like GSX. The next feature AES claims to be working on is Animated people boarding the aircraft, Cleaning Crews entering the aircraft, Drivers inside the AirStairs vehicles. Not for nothing AES picks up where GSX is not there yet. GSX picks up where AES is just not there yet. That is why I use both when at an AES supported airport.

GSX seems to operate perfectly at the majority of freeware airports and non AES supported Payware sceneries. For a long time I have asked Aerosoft to throw in TIST since it does AES for most TropicalSim airports. No support, but with GSX I get airport service there which is pretty cool. I am seeing these areas in some airports like Fly Tampa Dubai Rebooted and Tampa Rebooted. Aerosoft Charles Degaulle. For most part it seems to be the payware airports that issues occur at.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 08:54:43 pm »
AES seems to have a better comprehension of the airport afcad around aircrafts

AES doesn't have any comprehension of the airport AFCAD, it's done manually for each supported airport, that's why you have to pay for every support airport. GSX is automatic, which is why works with every AFCAD on every airport, there isn't any concept of a "supported" airport, GSX will still continue to work on every airport that will eventually come up in the future, even (not going to happen) we stopped developing it...

Not for nothing AES picks up where GSX is not there yet. GSX picks up where AES is just not there yet.

Exactly, it goes in both direction. But, as we said many times already, whenever we improve something, it affects 20.000 thousands airports, including those not released yet. And, since we don't have to work on supporting airports, we'll always have more time/resources to improve the program features. Just note that AES is 6 years old, while GSX is only 1.

GSX seems to operate perfectly at the majority of freeware airports and non AES supported Payware sceneries.

Of course it does.

For most part it seems to be the payware airports that issues occur at.

As requested, many times already, if you want a chance to get GSX improved, you should always file a precise report that we can replicate, indicating ALL the following:

- The airport used

- The gate selected, in case of a problem with the Follow Me car, were you were positioned when you called it

- If the scenery is not default, indicate which scenery is and which AFCAD was in use

Chances are, if we find a problem with the that AFCAD, and find a fix, it might improve hundreds of other sceneries automatically.

SgtMav316

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 01:54:05 am »
Roger Wilco! I will report the exact airport this occurs at as Aerosoft LFMN Nice'Cote DAzur X, I will have to get back into the scenery to know the exact parking space.

Is it a possibility that flying certain aircraft and parking them in random parking zones causes this error. The parking spot is small and the aircraft is small. Avro 100 and GSX says its cool to park in this random zone, Other spots that seemed large enough to park a Captain Sim B777 in GSX will tell me that it cant operate in that spot because the aircraft is too large.

I will get back in to the sim and report the exact parking area and spot # to see if it is a repeatable event.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 09:44:17 am »
Other spots that seemed large enough to park a Captain Sim B777 in GSX will tell me that it cant operate in that spot because the aircraft is too large.

But that's not obviously a GSX fault, it's been clearly explained in the manual, and can be easily fixed in the GSX parking customization page.

As explained many times, in the forum and in the manual, GSX doesn't know anything about the outside world, other than the AFCAD. If a parking space *looks* big enough, but the scenery designer has decided to define it smaller than it is in the AFCAD, GSX doesn't have any other choice than to trust the AFCAD, perhaps the designer used the size as a way to prevent certain airplane types to go there for some reason.

But using the GSX parking customization editor, you can easily fix a parking (or a group of parkings), overriding the radius as being set in the AFCAD.

SgtMav316

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 03:26:20 am »
Gotcha fell asleep on myself and just purchased a Saitek X@ pro controller I am trying to set up tonight. I forgot to get back to you on that. But I will look into what you said . Thank you for your assistance

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2013, 01:46:45 pm »
In the meantime, I've posted an .INI file for the Aerosoft Nice scenery in the GSX Sharing area that you might want to try: it might not do anything for the Follow me car, but at least you'll see vehicles in custom starting position for each parking, not conflicting with the scenery objects.