Author Topic: Using GSX Editor  (Read 4068 times)

mulgrave

Using GSX Editor
« on: March 12, 2013, 11:21:59 am »
HI

Sometimes, the cargo loaders does not face the right doors. When using the editor to reset the vehicle positions, I can never manage to place them in order to operate the vehicles as it keeps asking to open the cargo doors.
I also use the 3d Editor but cant manage to customize it.

Appreciate your help

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Using GSX Editor
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 12:27:10 pm »
Could you please make an example, indicating which airplane you are trying to customize, and what you have assigned to the doors ?

mulgrave

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 10:14:43 pm »
Hi
Yesterday, I have been using capt sim 747 planes at San Diego and Vancouver airports.
I have read the GSX doc and followed the procedure using the editor. I used the 3d editor to put the axes at the correct position then I reset the position with GSX menu. Unfortunately it kept asking me to open the doors when the loaders gets next to the doors.

No problem with other planes such as cls, pmdg, ..

Thanks for your advice.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 11:08:39 pm »
I used the 3d editor to put the axes at the correct position then I reset the position with GSX menu. Unfortunately it kept asking me to open the doors when the loaders gets next to the doors.

Just correcting the door's positions, doesn't make GSX stopping to asking to open doors. If the airplane doesn't have animated doors, you must set the door to be "Ignored" in the GSX configuration editor.

This, of course, if you want the door to be just Ignored.

If, instead, the door IS animated, but it's using a NON STANDARD variable, then you'll have to put a custom XML espression that checks the custom XML variable used by that airplane. You might have a sample how they work, if you have another fully supported airplane, such as the PMDG NGX or the CS727, 777, etc.

This might not be the easiest thing to do, sometimes the variable used it's obvious, because the airplane Gauge has been written in XML, so they are fairly readable. In other cases (this is usual with Captain Sim), gauges are written in C++, so it might be way more difficult to figure out custom variable names, so it might be easier to just set doors to be Ignored.