Author Topic: No Baggage Belt or Loader  (Read 6114 times)

pannellg

No Baggage Belt or Loader
« on: February 28, 2013, 03:53:48 am »
Dear Umberto,

Just wanted to post this under my own name rather than tag along behind lehman's post.  I attempted to customize it for my default B737 after they failed to appear upon my request for deboarding.  I never had a problem previously with them; they were always there. I then removed and reinstalled Addon Manager - no luck.  I then took your advice and did a reinstall of the entire GSX installer so as to get the latest version; still the luggage tractor simply pulled up, stayed for a couple of seconds and drove away, and there was no baggage belt/conveyor belt loader.
All other figures and all the other vehicles are present, just no baggage belt or loader...

In the other post you mentioned something about them not showing up because I am loading zero passengers.  I'm not sure what you meant by that; is there a step that I'm missing in the process?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Garland

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No Baggage Belt or Loader
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 09:15:21 am »
As I've asked in the other thread, does the problem appear only when you customize the airplane ? Try to RESET its configuration to default.

pannellg

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 04:14:59 pm »
Umberto,
No.  I didn't attempt any customization at first.  The problem had been there for some time.    It was only after a couple of weeks of doing without them that I looked at customizing. I'll try resetting it to default again and let you know if it works...

Garland

spidierox

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 10:19:20 am »
Hi,

I just have the same problem: bagage loader went awol
I am going to reinstall COAUTL loader + reset defaults...let you know..

Dieter

spidierox

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 10:49:09 am »
Ok, so I re-installed COUATL as well as last GSX updated (from within FSX)
Everything and all service vehicles operate perfectly except for the baggage loader : that one doesn' t show up.
Also did reset as suggested by above post but no help.
I do see the baggages disappear one by one from the cart but no loader nor baggage showing up on the belt.

I am not into customisation of anything,  and I know that I have seen the baggageloader many updates ago.
Kinda miss the fellow...

Dieter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 12:11:16 pm »
I can only confirm this doesn't happen: I've tried just now uninstalling GSX and reinstalling with the installer available online now (1.7.7), and the baggage loaders are working normally on the default 737-800

Could you please indicate a precise gate/airport were this is happening ?

And, have you installed the PaintKit in the past ? If yes, you have to update that one too.

spidierox

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 02:07:21 pm »
Hi umberto,

I have Feelthere E-195 and pmdg NGX at the gate in liverpool (stand 7) and Brussels (stand 140)
I have not installed a Paintkit whatsoever...

Anything I can do frommy side ? (fe. logging...)

pannellg

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2013, 10:10:16 pm »
Umberto,

Thanks for your patience.  I reinstalled Addon Manager and although I got an error message:"error when creating patched vehicles_airport, restoring from backup now!" and another error message at the end of the reinstall: "Internal Error: an attempt was made to expand the "app" constant before it was initialized." Nevertheless, I'm happy to report that the conveyor/baggage belt/loader has reappeared. 

I still don't understand what happened, but I hope they hang around longer this time... :-\

Garland

spidierox

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2013, 09:07:06 pm »
Unfortunately, mine still doesn't show any.

Also de-activated then re-installed...
I was wondering this Paintkit...must we update this too ?
I've never used it

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2013, 09:09:57 pm »
I've never used it

That's what I've said in my previous message:

And, have you installed the PaintKit in the past ? If yes, you have to update that one too.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2013, 09:10:58 pm »
another error message at the end of the reinstall: "Internal Error: an attempt was made to expand the "app" constant before it was initialized." Nevertheless, I'm happy to report that the conveyor/baggage belt/loader has reappeared. 

That might indicate a problem with your FSX registry keys, missing and/or pointing to the wrong folder. But it seems the installer completed anyway.

spidierox

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2013, 12:03:27 pm »
I've never used it

That's what I've said in my previous message:

Well I already did reply about that.
Anyway where can I find this paintkit ?

spidierox

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2013, 12:45:39 pm »
Hey good news:

Uninstall add-on manager + GSX (incl. de-activate)
Re-installed (Win 7 - all with "Run as administrator)
Updated add-on mgr
Re-installed GSX from within FSX

and voilĂ : loader is back. Also the color of their worksuits is no green (for EBBR gate 140)
which before was balck with yellow vest.
Loader exits vehicel and now puts baggage on belt.
Yes!

Thanks for trying to help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2013, 02:44:07 pm »
Well I already did reply about that.

You asked again for it, which is why I replied to it again.

Anyway where can I find this paintkit ?

It's were it has always been, here in this forum section. However, if you never installed it, you don't have to updated it. You can check if you have installed it (and maybe forgot about it) if there are some GSX objects with names containing the _USER string, under the FSX\Simobjects\Misc folder. If you don't have them, it means you installed the Paintkit in the past, so you will have to update it.

If you haven't, then I'm sorry, but the only possible explanation for your problem, is that you are not installing the current GSX version, but an older one.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2013, 02:47:26 pm »
Uninstall add-on manager + GSX (incl. de-activate)
Re-installed (Win 7 - all with "Run as administrator)[/quote

There wasn't any need to do that, and much less Deactivating it. If you uninstall GSX, it will ask at the end if you want to remove the Addon Manager, that's if you want to remove it. But there wasn't any need to.

Updated add-on mgr
Re-installed GSX from within FSX

Unnecessary too, because if you run the GSX installer, it will install the Addon Manager too. The only thing you had to do, is to simply reinstall GSX with the CURRENT installer, because only that one contains all updated vehicles, so that's the only installer that can fix a missing/outdated vehicles problem, which was the reason why you didn't had the baggage loader.