Author Topic: Ai Traffic Poll, What do you prefer  (Read 15707 times)

SWAPilot

Ai Traffic Poll, What do you prefer
« on: January 25, 2013, 03:37:50 am »
Hi I am looking at what AI traffic pack I should buy... Thanks!

theshack440

Re: Ai Traffic Poll, What do you prefer
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 04:51:33 pm »
I would recommend Ultimate Traffic 2. I use it and the models are for the most part excellent, it is pretty fps friendly (since all of the planes have been converted to be FSX native) and while it may take some time to fully understand its capabilities, it is well made and editing liveries or aircraft is not very difficult at all.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 04:53:33 pm by theshack440 »
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

Brian S

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 08:31:03 pm »
I prefer to make my own AI using AIG and UTT traffic files, and the repaints available. 

Highiron

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 07:06:44 pm »
I use My Traffic X/3D over Ultimate Traffic 2 (which I used for years), for 4 reasons:

1. Includes military and cargo schedules. No more empty military air bases/air traffic, and places such as KMEM are packed with FedEx and UPS!
2. Can be used and is made for each version of FSX/Prepar3D with its own unique installer. UT2 is not permitted to be used in Prepar3D should you choose to move on.
3. Easy on system load.
4. Developer is constantly improving and adding new content and updating aircraft, not just flight schedules.

I have not tried Traffic 360, but what I have read is that it is a "lite" type of product. Both My Traffic and UT2 have way more schedules from what I understand thus far.
Cheers,
Cpt. Thad Wheeler

SWAPilot

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 07:45:35 pm »
I use My Traffic X/3D over Ultimate Traffic 2 (which I used for years), for 4 reasons:

1. Includes military and cargo schedules. No more empty military air bases/air traffic, and places such as KMEM are packed with FedEx and UPS!
2. Can be used and is made for each version of FSX/Prepar3D with its own unique installer. UT2 is not permitted to be used in Prepar3D should you choose to move on.
3. Easy on system load.
4. Developer is constantly improving and adding new content and updating aircraft, not just flight schedules.

I have not tried Traffic 360, but what I have read is that it is a "lite" type of product. Both My Traffic and UT2 have way more schedules from what I understand thus far.
whats the website?

cosnowboarder_777

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 04:56:13 pm »
I use UT2, the AI traffic is great and they constantly update the schedules.  The only bad part is they refuse to update any of the airlines such as United and now the new American Airlines.  They expect you to do all the work by finding the AI aircraft online and then import them into UT2.  I have given up trying to do it since the guide is very confusing to use. For paying for a $50.00 product you would at least expect them to update it once in awhile.
John Bauer

767 Pilot

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 07:51:08 pm »
Save your money!!! All that pay AI traffic are frame hogs!!  World of AI has over 300 airlines,  cargo...some military and some GA....and the best part is its FREE!!! nThe frame rates are 100x's better!!

Your call...
Doug

SWAPilot

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 03:13:58 am »
I use UT2, the AI traffic is great and they constantly update the schedules.  The only bad part is they refuse to update any of the airlines such as United and now the new American Airlines.  They expect you to do all the work by finding the AI aircraft online and then import them into UT2.  I have given up trying to do it since the guide is very confusing to use. For paying for a $50.00 product you would at least expect them to update it once in awhile.
Do they include cargo and military

cosnowboarder_777

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2013, 04:16:44 am »
Do they include cargo and military

They do not.  UT2 used to be really good and over the past couple years it has really gone down in quality.  The support is really lacking too.
John Bauer

SWAPilot

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2013, 05:03:24 am »
So what should i get? I mostly fly in the us

Highiron

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2013, 10:44:04 am »
whats the website?

http://secure.simmarket.com/mytraffic-3d-professional-5.4-for-prepar3d.phtml for My Traffic 3D. (Prepar3D)
http://secure.simmarket.com/mytraffic-x-pro.phtml for My Traffic X (FSX)

Save your money!!! All that pay AI traffic are frame hogs!!  World of AI has over 300 airlines,  cargo...some military and some GA....and the best part is its FREE!!! nThe frame rates are 100x's better!!

Unfortunately, not true. Although World of AI has nice planes they were made for FS9 not FSX and thus not Prepar3D. Aircraft that are not made for FSX and are port overs from FS9 *are* memory hogs. In dense airports with many add-ons of high quality, one will get OOM errors using such aircraft. It really depends on your add-on inventory. This is well documented. UT2 and My Traffic have aircraft that are optimized and made native for FSX/Prepar3D, even if they are old aircraft. My Traffic has provided newer turboprops over UT2 and as I mentioned before, can be used in FSX and Prepar3D for a discounted price for FSX users. Should you move on to Prepar3D in the future, you will be in violation of UT2's EULA if you install it in Prepar3D. If you plan to stick with FSX this will not be an issue. Also as mentioned by a previous poster, UT2 aside from schedules, has done nothing to update their aircraft inventory. My Traffic X/3D has not only updated schedules but planes and liveries as well, so it is way more up to date and current than UT2 can even dream about. It was one of the reasons I had no problems moving on from it.
Cheers,
Cpt. Thad Wheeler

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2013, 06:24:14 pm »
UT2 used to be really good and over the past couple years it has really gone down in quality.

How can UT2 have gone down in quality when they haven't done anything to it? They released one iffy schedule, then updated the next season for free but is otherwise unchanged. The flightplans are still more realistic than from Traffic 360 or MyTrafficX.

UT2 is certainly not perfect, but none of them are. If it's to simply fill the skies with AI, and you don't care what they look or that the plans are unrealistic get MyTrafficX. If you want good looking AI models and great plans go freeware and start with Alpha India Group.

windshear

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2013, 09:57:50 pm »
The best is still freeware
Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

SWAPilot

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2013, 04:17:26 am »
well i want military and cargo included quality and user freindly with great FPS  ;)

Vicpdx17

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2013, 11:06:06 am »
Well I pretty much use UT2, I noticed even with the free new schedule the Southwest fleet though is really out of date since only 21 500's still exist, some of the 300's have winglets now and the 800's were introduced. I like UT2 though cause of the software since the southwest issue I fixed it by making only 20 of the 500's have the blue repaint, and replaced most of the 700's from tan and blue to just all blue. Also I noticed with UT2 it added some of my PMDG aircraft to the AI so sometimes ill have a 737-700 NGX in the air or on the ground, or Ill even have the 737-800 winglets NGX Warrior one take off right beside me. So for my choice I would say UT2 because it is more customizable.