Author Topic: Critical Error caused by bglman.dll [FS9]  (Read 38119 times)

foxone

Critical Error caused by bglman.dll [FS9]
« on: October 27, 2007, 01:15:32 am »
Hello folks!

Thanks for publishing Zurich9 for FS9!
Unfortunately, since I installed Zurich9 on my system, I get an Critical Error when launching FS9.
It says that the reason is allocated in the module bglman.dll. (See picture below)

It's the first time I have this error and I can't imagine what could be the reason for this matter!
Maybe you have thought what could solve this problem!

Regards
Michael

[attachment deleted by admin]

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Critical Error caused by bglman.dll [FS9]
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 01:18:11 am »
It's Windows XP ?

It looks like it's an antivirus problem. Try disabling it, or exclude the FS2004\MODULES folder from scanning.

Also, check you are running FS9.1

foxone

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 01:23:40 am »
Hi Umberto!

Thanks for your answer!
I disabled the Antivirus software and even excluded the Modules-Folder! No succes! :(
I run defenitely FS9.1.

Michael

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2007, 01:26:23 am »
All right. If you were running under Vista, I'd guess that would be a DEP issue.

But, I think some new machines can also have DEP (Data Execution Protection) active in
the BIOS, hence affecting XP as well.

This site will explain how to turn off DEP in XP:

http://www.tech-recipes.com/windows_tips566.html

foxone

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 01:41:26 am »
Umberto

It still doesn't work! I added Fs9.exe to the exception list for which DEP should be deactivated.  ??? (Using Win XP)
Getting frustrated  :'( I'm trying right now to exclude other modules one-by-one to see if your module doesn't get on well with others.

Michael
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 01:43:21 am by foxone »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2007, 01:45:19 am »
About DEP, please check your BIOS as well, if it's enabled in the BIOS, it's not enough to disable it in Windows. It might be worth a try, at least to exclude DEP from the issue.

It might also be an unknown incompatibility with a module we still haven't heard of.

Niko

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2007, 01:46:00 am »
here the same problem with FS9 and Win XP.

Edit: after uninstalling the Scenery the fs not start. Help please!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 01:54:44 am by Niko »

foxone

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2007, 02:00:28 am »
Hmmm.. I looked in every Bios menue, but I couldn't find any option refering to the DEP? It's an ASUS BIOS...
Well, I'll continue trying tomorrow.. It's already 2 o'clock in the morning ;-)

Thanks for the help anyway! Hear of you folks tomorrow...

Michael

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2007, 02:03:39 am »
To make FS9 starting again, just rename modules\bglman.dll to something else, like bglman.old. Your FS9 will work as before, but of course you wouldn't be able to try or buy Zurich until this issue will be solved.

The uninstaller will not remove it automatically, because the same module is needed by many other products, like EHAM, KLAX, KDCA, the Phantom, etc so, by removing it, all those will stop working. It would be like removing FSUIPC in the uninstaller of an airplane, and killing hundreds of other products as well.

We are investigating: I just re-downloaded the installer again from the site, to exclude a corrupted file, ran the installer and it's running fine on FS9+XP without any problems. I guess it must be another module in conflict.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 02:05:35 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2007, 02:24:06 am »
I've tried with a specially prepared installation of FS9 with all sort of foul combination of known 3rd party modules: look at the screenshot how crowded the menu bar is. There are tens of other modules, it's a miracle FS9 even starts. No problem at all with Zurich. This is running in Windows XP.

[attachment deleted by admin]

BernhardS

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2007, 11:42:40 am »
Same problem here, same error! (XP FS9)
In my moduls-folder I have 3 bglman-files:
bglman.dat from 25.04.2006 (coming from Pisa/cloud9)
bglman_fsdt.dat from 26.10.2007
bglman.dll from 26.10.2007
Seems there are problems between the 2 bglman.dat files. When removing bglman.dat I have no problems. But of course no Pisa-scenery.
Waiting for your help.
But nevertheless many thanks for this wonderful scenery. It looks phantastic.

Bernhard Scharbert

Hugo Treffl

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2007, 01:00:32 pm »
Hello,
I personally was thinking to purchae LSZH but to my dismay I am troubled by this bglman.dll issues
which looks like to persevere  :-\ . I never liked this way of sale/purchase and always preferred the
way Simmarket for example releases new sceneries: buy->get password->install  :). I'll have to wait
then until officialy I am announced that this matter is resolved. This mechanic of purchase is still
troublesome and may I suggest to consider other ways of selling this scenery. Nothing will happen if
the demo process is unimplemented.
Oh, and kindly have a look at servers response time, 10 minutes to get logged in is way too much.

With Best regards,
H.W.M aka Treffl

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2007, 01:40:24 pm »
Seems there are problems between the 2 bglman.dat files. When removing bglman.dat I have no problems. But of course no Pisa-scenery.

That's strange, and shouldn't happen.

Can you try downloading and installing the latest stand-alone Addon Manager from Cloud9 ? It will update your C9 scenery database to the latest version.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2007, 01:47:59 pm »
I personally was thinking to purchae LSZH but to my dismay I am troubled by this bglman.dll issues which looks like to persevere  :-\ . I never liked this way of sale/purchase

We tried to explain it very clearly in the manual and in the FAQ in this site: the Addon Manager is needed for the scenery to work, because the scenery use it for many features, it's some kind of FSUIPC that does for sceneries what FSUIPC does for airplanes or other products.

This doesn't have anything to do with sales system. That's only *one* of its features. Unfortunately, since it's the only one that the user get in contact with, many have the wrong impression that the only need of the Addon Manager is to implement the Trial version and sales.

This mechanic of purchase is still troublesome and may I suggest to consider other ways of selling this scenery.

If we switched to another sales system, the Addon Manager would still be there. But, if we had sold the scenery via (for example) Simmarket, by now you already had spent your money, and still being struck with an issue.

Nothing will happen if the demo process is unimplemented.

Exactly: now you understand why this sales system it's better for users. It's our best interest to fix problems fast.

Oh, and kindly have a look at servers response time, 10 minutes to get logged in is way too much.

You mean the forum ? No problem from here, it's very fast. I'd wait other user report about slow server speed, before investigating further.

BernhardS

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2007, 02:31:21 pm »
Thanks Umberto,
that was it, I used an old Addon manager, now all is okay.
Concerning forum-speed I have absolut no problems here, all is very fast.

Bernhard Scharbert