Author Topic: Serious problems after installation of FB´s KSFO  (Read 3163 times)

Mik75

Serious problems after installation of FB´s KSFO
« on: April 29, 2013, 10:41:41 am »
Hi!
Since my prolem isn´t related to any particular FSDT product, I decided to post it here:
I own several FSDT products, incuding GSX, and yet, everything worked flawlessly. The installation and activation processes always worked like a charm.
I also bought FB´s KPHX which worked very good as well.
But yesterday, I decided to buy FB´s KSFO. Already during installation, an error occured, telling me, to download the newest version of the Addon Manager, my FSX crashed to desktop. I tried several times to activate the scenery, but always an error ouccured, and FSX quit. So, I downloaded an installed the latest version of the Addon Manager. Thereafter, FSX booted up again, but when I placed my default Cessna at KSFO, the sim crashed again.
I got FSX booting up and loading KSFO succesfully a few times, but right now, I am not able to start it up again. Everytime I have a crash, related to the ntdll.dll, or even the LVLD767.dll...
What has happend here?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 10:46:25 am by Mik75 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Serious problems after installation of FB´s KSFO
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 12:08:05 pm »
I got FSX booting up and loading KSFO succesfully a few times, but right now, I am not able to start it up again. Everytime I have a crash, related to the ntdll.dll, or even the LVLD767.dll...What has happend here?

NTDLL.DLL it's a generic memory allocation crash so, it's possible your settings are just to high (for that specific location) and you exhausted memory. LVDLD767.DLL it's nothing related to any of our products, the Addon Manager or Flightbeam KSFO, and it's the Level-D Gauge having a some kind of problem.

It's not possible this problem could be caused by installing KSFO, since the installer (*we* wrote it for Flightbeam!) downloads exactly the same file, bit for bit, that made the Addon Manager and it's used by GSX which worked before. The file location of the Addon Manager downloaded by KSFO it's the same and it's on our server so it's sure it's the same version you already had with GSX.

Just to be sure, try to uninstall GSX and reply "Yes" to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager" and "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine ?", then try to start FSX. If you are still getting problems or crashes, then you would be sure the weren't related in any way to any of our products, because replying YES to those two questions while uninstalling removes every trace of our modules from FSX.

Then, try a GSX reinstall, using the most current installer available on our site.