Author Topic: desperate plea for help  (Read 4185 times)

geoffbecks

desperate plea for help
« on: July 09, 2008, 07:05:49 pm »

I know this isnt a general forum for FS9 but I am now at a complete loss, My fs9 crashed the other night and now when I try to run it, after clicking on the start up icon on my desk top..it starts to load and then a meccage in the task bar appears named start message and FS9 stops loading. When i clear the message in the task bar the FS9 splash screen goes and i get an erroe message that says fs9.exe hung or sonething like that, I have been serching for a forum or a site that can offer help  or guidence but have found nothing. I have loaded some time ago the start up that does away with the need for the 4th disk and I made all the nessasery alterations, now im affraid that if i try and delete the program it will not load a new disk version so I might not be able to start from scratch...please can anyone help me or give me a link to a site where I might get the help I need
   Thanks geoff

kyle joseph

• American Airlines 767-200
    • KJ762AA
Re: desperate plea for help
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 02:59:42 am »
can you please explain what is in the error message

is the .exe corrupted or invalid, what type of message is it...

can you re-install Flightsimulator???

have you added any recent addons that may have caused problems

try system restore

located in start--> all programs--> accessories --> system restore

try about a week before the crash in flightsimulator and see if that helps

***also make copies of your addon scenery folder aircraft folder and any other important files

try and go through them and delete any items you no longer use...  (this really helped me)

try installing the latest drivers for your video card, mabye this will have an effect...

if the program starts to work, just remove the deleted items from the scenery library

this is quite strange, my computer just gave out the blue screen of death and i am now typing this post on the work computer...

I am stumped for now... i will get back

I hate it when this happens

geoffbecks

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 08:18:53 pm »
Hi Kyle,
 Thanks for the tips, I tried the restore you sugested but that didnt work, it looks like I am going to have to delete and reinstall from scratch I think. My trouble is I made the alteration for the 3gb memory to the computer and im afraid it will not recognise flight sim again from the disk when I set it back up. And now I cant remember what I did or what it was prior to changing the computer set up. I was hoping someone might have been able to help on here as im at a complete loss.

geoffbecks

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 12:24:00 am »

I found the bug...and squashed it
 Now all is okay again......

christiaan

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 04:40:21 pm »
For others who may enconter this sort of problem which bug did you squash.