Author Topic: New user, complete mixedup at EHAM with GSX addon [SOLVED]  (Read 4586 times)

tbreja

New user, complete mixedup at EHAM with GSX addon [SOLVED]
« on: December 22, 2012, 10:32:29 am »
Dear support,

Yesterday i installed the GSX addon and started today my flight at EHAM. As you can see at attaced picture that the addon will mixup all parking positions. If i choose gate C9 from the GSX addon i will end up at gate C7 and the parking position of the airplane is completely out of place. If i choose another parking position it still hase the same error.

Can somebody help me out? I am using Aerosofts Mega AmsterdamX

Thanks in advance,

Rene
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 12:59:24 pm by tbreja »

pete_auau

Re: New user, complete mixedup at EHAM with GSX addon
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 11:42:19 am »
gsx  has nothing  to do  on how  your   aircraft is loaded  in the  sim, thats either  fsx  scenery or  your  addon  airport   scenery will handle  that

tbreja

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 11:52:26 am »
Thank you for your help but why can i choose the correct gate with the normal FSX-GUI and if i use the GSX-GUI it goes wrong...  :-\ This way I cannot use the GSX addon at all at this airport...

Hope somebodyelse has an solution or same experience and a solution. I did a clean install and no modifications at all... This way the problem shows it in it pure nature.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 02:08:57 pm »
You can check which AFCAD is used by GSX, by going into the parking customization feature.

If it's the default one (APX*.bgl) it's likely you are running FSX in Compatibility mode, which shouldn't be done, and if this is the case, you should probably reinstall the scenery with FSX not running in Compatibility mode.

tbreja

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 02:48:43 pm »
Thank you for your help. I think it is indeed using the wrong AFCAD file. See attached screendump. FSX is not running in the compatibility mode.
How can i assign the correct AFCAD file to GSX? Those are the ones in the scenery directory within Aerosofts Amsterdam X scenery folder. Which one i need to use i must figure that out.

Looking forward to your help.

Thanks in advance,

René

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 03:17:12 pm »
How can i assign the correct AFCAD file to GSX?

You don't. GSX will automatically get the correct ones, based on your scenery.cfg. But if your scenery.cfg might not be in the correct location, which is why I've said:

If it's the default one (APX*.bgl) it's likely you are running FSX in Compatibility mode, which shouldn't be done, and if this is the case, you should probably reinstall the scenery with FSX not running in Compatibility mode

tbreja

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 03:42:49 pm »
Thanks for your reply. I have never run FSX in the compatibility mode ever.
I will check the scenery.cfg file you're addressing at. Its the one in the main FSX directory or is GSX using an different scenery.cfg file?

I understand now the working that all must be in that specific scenery.cfg file. When i add a scenery in the scenery library within FSX and it starts rebuilding it than it will be that specific scenery.cfg file you are adressing at? If so then Schiphol X should be in it also.

Reïnstalling is a very drastic choice while all is running good in my setup. Searching for a more easier way by e.g. editing the scenery.cfg file.

I will check it.

Thanks

Rene

tbreja

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2012, 10:57:44 am »
Dear Virtuali,

I am very pleased to announce the solution i have found to get this working without re-installing the scenery by editing the scenery.cfg file.
Following i have done:
1. Open the 'scenery.cfg' file under the following path: c:ProgramData (hidden directory)\Microsoft\FSX (do not edit the scenery.cfg file in your main FSX directory)
2. Noticed the difference in the 'local' path to the location of the scenery SAchiphol X:

[Area.177]
Title=Amsterdam Schiphol X
Layer=171
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Local=aerosoft\Amsterdam Schiphol X

This path should be changed by adding and completing the complete path into:
Local=D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\aerosoft\Amsterdam Schiphol X (note: D: is my location where i have my main FSX programm installed)
This way GSX wil make use of the correct AFCAD file without reinstalling the complete scenery again.

I did this also for the other scenery path descriptions in my scenery.cfg file.
Make sure that you backup first your basic 'working' scenery.cfg file. In case you have to restore the old situation.

See attached sceens as a proof. Just now to figure out to get the Jetway's working.

Thanks for your help by pointing me to the relation of the scenery files and AFCAD files.

Hope this will be of help for other people who are havening the same issues.

Best regards and Merry Christmas ;D

René
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 11:01:05 am by tbreja »