Author Topic: Add-On Manager Issue  (Read 4495 times)

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Add-On Manager Issue
« on: November 28, 2012, 11:20:43 pm »
I'm hoping this is the right place to post this. Umberto, it seems that the latest update of Add-on manager caused the QualityWings 757 to stop working for multiple people, as I've been seeing multiple reports from people saying the latest update caused it to stop working. Any ideas?
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Add-On Manager Issue
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 03:18:56 pm »
Problem has been already found and fixed, and Qualitywings knows about it, they'll put an updated Gauge file online soon.

Pahlmla

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 11:55:13 pm »
I just updated Add-On Manager (as I was prompted to) and my EZdock Camera is now missing from the FSX "Add-ons" drop-down menu.  I have a lot of settings for several planes I don't want to lose so I hope if I have to re-install EZdok Camera I don't lose those settings.  Comments? - Larry

Update:  I re-booted my PC and now EZdok Camera has re-apperaed and is working properly.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 12:23:44 am by Pahlmla »
Larry
____

System: Dell XPS 430 w/ Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 CPU @ 3.0 GHz, 8 Gb DDR3 memory, Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 w/ 896 Mb DDR3 GPU, Sound Blaster X-Fi SB0886 Sound Card, 2 – LG W2252 monitors; Saitek Yoke, Throttle and Pedal flight controls

skimmer

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 11:57:29 pm »
Same prob here with the QW 757.And right now I dont have the patients for (SOON ) >:(    Are these thigs tested before release?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 02:30:36 am by skimmer »

duckbilled

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 01:12:54 pm »
Does this problem affect more add ons than the QW757? I have EZDok and the 757. It sounds like even if QW posts a new gauge, that won't fix EZDok. Perhaps the add on manager can be fixed?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 09:09:59 pm »
The one and only Addon that could be affected, was the QW757, it's not possible the Addon Manager would affect other addons that don't use it and in this case, it could only affect an airplane gauge, and the QW757 is the only one out there with a gauge that requires the Addon Manager.

I'm sorry, this was my fault, because I should have checked that one too before releasing the updated Addon Manager, but it really slipped my mind and, fact that QW moved over their support to Flight1, has contributed to forget about it, since I don't visit it very frequently, but I've sent the fixed gauge to QW yesterday early morning as soon as I've read their email notifying of the problem, it's up to them to be put online.

I don't know if it's already up, here's a temporary link:

FSX:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?z2d3jf9ly9ci7j7

FS9:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?iodkslb153e3piz

Put into the FSX\Gauges folder, overwriting the existing one.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 03:12:46 pm by virtuali »

skimmer

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 10:34:02 pm »
Thank you Virtuali for the info.Im sure it will get resolved.  :)