Author Topic: GSX not working **SOLVED**  (Read 14004 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX not working
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2012, 09:50:14 pm »
I have pressed the right key!!!!

Well, from the GSX point of view, you haven't...it that key wasn't activated, GSX couldn't possibly know you pressed the right key or even pressed something at all.

Guenseli

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2012, 09:51:18 pm »
I was just kidding ...  ;)

spinker

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2012, 10:38:20 pm »

Umberto,

Where should that EXE.XML file be located?

I don't know if you had heard about a scenery file that was distributed by the "Flightsim store" located in Australia dealing in Orbx products ?

Apparently a file was sold and put out for download that was defective and during the install would "delete" the complete FSX directory. A warning was immediately posted not to install this file.

Well...I downloaded and executed this file before I saw the warning and my entire FSX directory was GONE. The store immediately corrected this download problem but it was too late for me. FSX was gone entirely.

Fortunately a kind member in the Orbx forum who specializes in data recovery offered to help me.

By allowing him access into my computer he was able to restore my complete FSX directory, there were a few small problems that I was able to correct myself but I got it back.

So I wonder where this EXE.XML file should be because I cannot find it.

Could this be the problem?

Larry

Guenseli

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2012, 11:07:50 pm »
EXE.XML is under

C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX if you use Win7 and above ...

But if you have - like me - acces to the settings menü etc, then Couatl startet right

spinker

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2012, 11:13:21 pm »

OK .............its there so that is not the problem.

Larry

calimhiro

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2012, 05:23:22 am »
Hello, Larry,

Do you have some other airports sceneries (from the other publisher, not FSDT) installed in FSX ? I have this problem once and it was caused by the other scenery (EDDF for me). I have uninstalled this specific airport and everything is back to normal with GSX (don't know why, maybe because this airport was made for AES ?).

Stéphane LI-THIAO-TE
Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Tapatalk HD

808CruzControl

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2012, 06:16:31 am »
for me, ive tried everything from reinstalling everything, to the drivers, to everything. for some reason after the error comes up, i guess the GSX folder deletes itself and somehow screws up all fsdreamteam products installed. I basically have all C++'s from 2005 to 2008 and to 2010. What i mean by it screwing up the other products (such as honolulu, hawaii airports 1 & 2) is that the buildings no longer show. So what i end up doing is removing the fsdreamteam folder from the FSX folder then reinstalling the aiports and they work. but no matter what i do, GSX will no longer work for me.

spinker

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2012, 06:38:11 am »
Not very encouraging.

I hope I hear from Umberto.

Larry

808CruzControl

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2012, 06:46:52 am »
well i thought id put some errors up in case someone sees it and may  find a possible answer to this issue. its very annoying. ive been without GSX for a while now and looking at ghosts pushing the plane back makes me scratch my head....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2012, 11:39:47 am »
i guess the GSX folder deletes itself

The GSX surely doesn't delete itself. There's nothing "wrong" in its installer, if there was, EVERYBODY ( = Thousands of users ) would report the same problem.

and somehow screws up all fsdreamteam products installed. I basically have all C++'s from 2005 to 2008 and to 2010. What i mean by it screwing up the other products (such as honolulu, hawaii airports 1 & 2) is that the buildings no longer show.

The Addon Manager, Couatl, and the VC++ runtimes that gets installed with the sceneries, are exactly the same versions that are installed with GSX, considering that both the Addon Manager and Couatl are downloaded from the internet by the installer from the same url so, what you are describing simply can't be, unless you are using an old version of the sceneries installer AND you are not connected to the internet so, you are using the version that came with the installer (if there's no internet connection, the version in the installer is used) OR the antivirus is blocking the download by the installer so, you are still getting an older version which is working on your system for some reason.

spinker

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2012, 04:41:20 pm »

Problem Resolved,

It was the function key.

Thank you all for the tips especially Umberto,

Larry

808CruzControl

Re: GSX not working **SOLVED**
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2012, 02:59:19 am »
well everytime i install GSX the folder is in the FSDT folder and when i run fsx the error comes up and so i check if the GSX folder is in there and its not.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX not working **SOLVED**
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2012, 12:17:17 pm »
well everytime i install GSX the folder is in the FSDT folder and when i run fsx the error comes up and so i check if the GSX folder is in there and its not.

The *whole* folder ? Are you *sure* ? If COUATL.EXE is missing, that was easily explained by a faulty antivirus that, other than causing the error, also removed the .EXE mistakenly thinking it was a threat.  But, I never heard of antivirus removing entire folders, and surely folders don't disappear by themselves.

Unless you have a problem with your file system (file corruption), so things are entirely messed up and it's Windows itself that removed invalid/corrupted folders after making its automatic startup disk check.

In any case, nothing like this (according to your description of the problem, which is a disappearing folder) can be remotely caused by GSX or its installer, which surely doesn't have a self-kill feature...