Author Topic: Updates LSZH & KORD  (Read 5975 times)

KingCat

Updates LSZH & KORD
« on: June 22, 2008, 11:20:33 pm »
I have installed the latest updates for LSZH and KORD. I have also updated AES to version 1.96.

Since I installed the updates, FS2004 takes much longer to load then before the updates (loading when the FS2004 splashscreen is displayed). I have also uninstalled LSZH and KORD and then FS2004 loads much faster. But whenever I reinstall the new versions of LSZH and KORD, FS2004 takes much longer to load. Is there a reason for this? I first tried installing the updates with only using the "updaters", and then I tried installing using the full installers, but that doesn't make a difference. FS2004 takes much longer to load (when splashscreen is displayed) now with the new updates. This wasn't the case before the LSZH and KORD updates.

Also I'm having problems with the software Key2Mouse. Since I have installed these new updates, whenever I try to start FS2004, Key2Mouse displays an error message saying that my license cannot be found or is corrupted. I have already contacted the support team of Key2Mouse about this issue. The reason I'm posting this problem on this forum, is because the updates are causing this error message to display. I'm already using Key2Mouse for about a year now, and I've never had any problems with it until installing the updates for LSZH and KORD.

Maybe the new updates are conflicting with Key2Mouse during startup of FS2004?

Jon

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Updates LSZH & KORD
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 11:49:49 am »
But whenever I reinstall the new versions of LSZH and KORD, FS2004 takes much longer to load. Is there a reason for this?

There might be one: the program needs to scan which bgls are installed at start, so it looks in the scenery.cfg Previous version was looking the area.n numbers up to 2000, which we thought it was more than enough. But, we found an user whith more than 8000 areas, so we increased the number used for the search to 10000, and this *might* have an impact on the loading time.

We'll look into this. The good news is that, once is fixed, thank to the new online/based setup, you will only need to launch the installer without downloading it again. I'll advise when a fix is ready.

Also I'm having problems with the software Key2Mouse. Since I have installed these new updates, whenever I try to start FS2004, Key2Mouse displays an error message saying that my license cannot be found or is corrupted

There could be some things to take care of with Key2Mouse but, if they were, you should have seen it already, because it's nothing related to this new version, with regards with this problem.

The issue is: both products use Esellerate library to handle sales and activation but, Key2Mouse (last time I've checked) comes with the 3.6.2.8 version, and the Addon Manager comes with 3.6.5.0, which is the current version.

Esellerate library are usually upward compatible meaning, a program that is designed to use an old version, should normally work even with the newest one so, when Esellerate is updated to 3.6.5.0 by our installer, Key2Mouse should continue working. However, since I only tested the Trial version (to verify it works together with the Addon Manager), I have no idea if the use of different Esellerate versions could create problems with the license.

Anyway, this has always been the case: we were using the latest Esellerate already (as I've said, it has been released 18 months ago) in the previous version, nothing changed with this update so, if there were problems, they would appeared already.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 02:04:09 pm »
Hi KingCat,

Try launching the installer again (without re-downloading it, so you can also test the live update feature...), and see if this version starts faster.

KingCat

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 08:06:43 pm »
You say you have tested the trial version of Key2Mouse? But the problem is with the registered version. The trial version works ok. The problem is that when I try to activate Key2Mouse, I get a message that says that my license has been validated and I need to restart FS2004. But whenever I restart FS2004, the error message displays again telling me that the license cannot be found or is corrupt. Then Key2Mouse goes back into trial mode.

I have also contacted the developer of Key2Mouse, and this is a part of his reply:

...it may be due to one or
more of the followings reasons:

- The windows registry got corrupted
- Some other recently installed software have changed system
files

- Action by some virus or malware
- System management tools have modified system files or
windows registry (this includes spy aware software)...

So could it be that the updates changed some system files? (Esellerate files?)

I have already downloaded the full installers yesterday, and when I installed LSZH and KORD, the software already downloaded some files from the internet. Are you saying that you have updated the installers today, so that I have to reinstall again to see if FS2004 loads faster?

Jon

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 08:31:12 pm »
So could it be that the updates changed some system files? (Esellerate files?)

As I've said, we were using the latest Esellerate engine for many months already (3.6.5.0 was released in early 2007). The new update hasn't changed anything, is still using this version, just like the previous one.

Howerer, since Key2Mouse comes with 3.6.2.8, even if it should be compatibile with 3.6.5.0, it could be it hasn't fully tested with it.

I only tested Key2Mouse in trial mode, using 3.6.5.0, to be sure it loads and works. But I can't say anything if its license might be affected by the use of the newer .DLL

You might try checking this: maybe there's still another (older) copy of the Esellerate library in your system, you can try manually delete it, too see if this fixes the issue. Look for these files:

c:\Windows\Esellerateengine.dll
c:\ProgramData\Esellerate\Esellerateengine.dll  (this is hidden by default)
\YOURFS9FOLDER\Esellerateengine.dll

If you find the dll in any of these folders, remove it, then re-launch our installer, so it will be restored in the correct place, but you'll only have one copy of it in the system.

Are you saying that you have updated the installers today, so that I have to reinstall again to see if FS2004 loads faster?

Yes. As I've said, you only need to relaunch your installer. Which one, it's the same, because all FS9 installers are now using this method, although it might be faster using the Stand Alone Addon Mananger installer.

KingCat

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 10:25:28 pm »
I have downloaded the standalone manager for FS9, and I can confirm that FS2004 loads faster than before. Thanks for the update. That's one problem down.  8)

I've found esellerateengine.dll in the Windows folder. I've checked the version. It's version 3.6.5.0 So I guess this is the latest version. No need to delete the file. The other locations you mentioned do not contain this .dll file.

Jon
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 10:29:16 pm by KingCat »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 10:36:06 pm »
I've found esellerateengine.dll in the Windows folder. I've checked the version. It's version 3.6.5.0 So I guess this is the latest version. No need to delete the file. The other locations you mentioned do not contain this .dll file.

Yes, is the latest version, and the location is ok, if you are running XP. The C:\ProgramData folder is only for Vista use. So, from our point of view, it's all fine and updated.