Author Topic: FSX LAG with KLAX Installed  (Read 4638 times)

JBBJ

FSX LAG with KLAX Installed
« on: August 05, 2012, 05:33:08 pm »
Hi everyone,

I just installed KLAX today on my FSX and since this install, my FSX freezes for 5 seconds every 10 seconds, this is VERY annoying.

I noticed that during install they told me that my .cfg was modified, I believe this might be the reason for crashes and freezing, something to do with high definition texture.

Could you please tell me what could be the reason and what does the installer change in my .cfg file so I can try revert it.

I have Win 7 64 Bits with 16 Gb of RAM , FSX runs on it's very own SSD (Vertex 4) and I have a GTX580, all drivers are up to date and I had no problems at all before installing this scenery.

Thank you for your support.

JBBJ

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSX LAG with KLAX Installed
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 10:02:34 am »
This was discussed many times already on the forum: you can reduce stuttering and pauses by increasing the "Anti pop-up" value in the Addon Manager, which will force to load more objects, potentially at the cost of slightly lower fps.

How much the fps will go down, depends a lot on your system, so the setting is user-settable, for the precise reason its impact changes depending on the hardware used.

At the rightmost setting, the whole scenery will be loaded at the same time.

JBBJ

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 10:27:15 am »
Thank you for your support, I will try your solution.

Regards

777captain

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 10:45:56 am »
Hi everyone,

I just installed KLAX today on my FSX and since this install, my FSX freezes for 5 seconds every 10 seconds, this is VERY annoying.

I noticed that during install they told me that my .cfg was modified, I believe this might be the reason for crashes and freezing, something to do with high definition texture.

Could you please tell me what could be the reason and what does the installer change in my .cfg file so I can try revert it.

I have Win 7 64 Bits with 16 Gb of RAM , FSX runs on it's very own SSD (Vertex 4) and I have a GTX580, all drivers are up to date and I had no problems at all before installing this scenery.

Thank you for your support.

JBBJ

To be honest, the setup can mean nothing if you have a slow processor. What is your processor speed?