Author Topic: AFCAD issues?  (Read 6138 times)

altstiff

• My F/O is a dog
    • Visit my flightsim blog..
AFCAD issues?
« on: July 11, 2012, 08:20:05 am »
I'm using the afcad that came with the latest installers for both FSX versions of KLAS and KLAX. The issue I'm having is a result from a flight I did tonight. KLAS weather was wind calm and the AI were all over the place, taking off from 07L while other AI were landing on 25R. And then when I get to KLAX wind was 260/05kts and AI are again all over the place. Landing and taking off from 06L/R and 24L/R, it was very chaotic.

Is this normal or is it possible Active Sky 2012 is causing the Artificial Intelligence to become Artificial Idiots?

XCLTM3

Re: AFCAD issues?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 10:48:05 am »
Hi Alt,

I can't be absolutely certain of this, but it sounds like AS is sending strange data to ATIS. From my experience, I don't have this problem at either of those airports. I'll let Umberto drop in here with his experience and knowledge but I definitely don't have the problem you've posted on.

Rgds,

Latebra Factum, Tertia Optio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 11:35:56 am »
The first obvious test would be turning off any other weather utility and try with plain FSX.

altstiff

• My F/O is a dog
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 05:32:49 am »
Just for the record, it seems to be an Active Sky 2012 issue gents.

THKS for the quick responses (stellar support as always)

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 09:50:57 pm »

Al, I use AS2012 in DWC mode and if I dont file a flight plan and have the tick box marked "lock to closet station", then I will get random events like that. As long as you file the flight plan before you start, use DWC, check that box, and refresh AI once the flight loads you shouldn't have that problem again.

altstiff

• My F/O is a dog
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 04:25:53 am »

Al, I use AS2012 in DWC mode and if I dont file a flight plan and have the tick box marked "lock to closet station", then I will get random events like that. As long as you file the flight plan before you start, use DWC, check that box, and refresh AI once the flight loads you shouldn't have that problem again.

Thks for that tip  ;D,

I did get some similar answers over the the AS2012 forums on AVSIM.

jwenham

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 10:54:10 pm »

Sean... are you talking about the refresh option within the Active Sky UI ? I too am having this problem but I havent tried the refresh within Active Sky, I have been trying to reset my UT2 traffic using Ctrl+Shift+R.

jwenham

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 12:17:06 am »
Glad I read this thread. I for the longest time been thinking that refreshing the AI (UT2) using Ctrl+Shift+R would be all I needed to do. Well... using the refresh in AS has fix the problem for me as well. I cant tell you how many flights I have done into LAX only to find AI taking off head on to me on approach.  Thanks!